Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 5 - Sync Cable and Input selector

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

SingaporeByNight
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
SingaporeByNight Posted: Wed, Apr 18 2012 8:26 AM

Hi

I recently bought a pair of 2nd hand Beolab 5 from a dealer in Aarhus, Denmark. The BL5 were sold the first time in January 2011 and sold to a customer who decided not to keep them hence sold them back to the dealer. 

I bought the speakers with all original receipts, manuals and documents. I am generally very fond of the speakers, but have two questions which I hope you guys can help me with:

1) Sync cable

- I have connected a standard 10m stereo minijack cable between the two speakers, but I can not get the speakers to sync the volume. I have to be very careful when turning the volume up or down in order to make sure that both speakers play at the same amplification level. I've even tried to replace my 10m stero minijack cable with a new 6m stereo minijack cable, but that did not help either. Am I using a wrong cable or do I need to activate the sync option? This happens with both digital and analogue input.

2) Input

- Is it possible to select if the speakers should use the digital or analogue input? Currently the speakers chooses the digital input if the digital signal is active. I would like to be able to choose the input via my Beo4 remote control.

With kind regards

Tomas
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member
Tomas replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 8:39 AM

Hi,

When it comes to sync, you'll have to get the cabel from B&O since it has a small resister on the cable that apperantly is needed.

Regarding the inputs, as far I know there is no way to choose them, in option 1 the digital input is first in line.

carlito
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 239
Bronze Member
carlito replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 12:06 PM

The sync cable is a crossover 3.5mm Jack

I use a standard 10m jack-cable with plugs, soldered by myself.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS