Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

workbench in an apartment ?, yes possible

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 3 Followers

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 5:51 AM

Elephant - what is the object shown in your user ID? It looks B&O & I havent seen one before....

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

I haven't converted my table to a workbench up here yet, just doing my electronics back at my parents' place.

I have wondered what parts to do in the machine shop at school; what kind of machined B&O parts are needed the most? We have just received brand new lathes and large mills, all manual old-school machines.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Feb 15 2014 7:52 AM

synth:

Elephant - what is the object shown in your user ID? It looks B&O & I havent seen one before....

Sorry for the delay - I have been AWOL - it is from essence press release :-0

BeoNut since '75

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 1:29 AM

Hi Elephant - OK that makes sense - I received a promotional email just yesterday on it actually.

I must admit, I find Essence a bit of an oddity, as a remote will do pretty much the same function. Perhaps I've missed the thought process behind it? I'd welcome ideas...

Soren - nice , what size is the lathe? Are you looking at machining up now-obsolete replacement B&O bits? I have a small lathe for hobby work.

Manual lathes are good - keeps skills practiced. These days its too easy to let NC machinery do all the thinking.

First thing I made on my lathe was a steel coffee tamper with an oiled wooden handle ( Australian jarrah wood ) for use with my coffee machine....

This has been a very good machine   http://www.breville.com.au/the-barista-expresstm.html

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:32 AM

Søren Hammer:

I haven't converted my table to a workbench up here yet, just doing my electronics back at my parents' place.

I have wondered what parts to do in the machine shop at school; what kind of machined B&O parts are needed the most? We have just received brand new lathes and large mills, all manual old-school machines.

Oh, you have bigger than I have Surprise

No action pictures because it is heading to general overhaul.

blah-blah and photographs as needed

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:19 AM

That is a great little lathe - very nice! My lathe is a 9x20 hobbyist lathe, so it's not heavy duty....next lathe perhaps. 

I have been blessed with a car garage that I also use as a workshop. Most Australians have a garage so we have room to spread out.

I was walking home from work today and a kangaroo hopped past. The joys of living close to the bush!

You don't want to hit a Roo- 100 kg of damage to a car......

Christian Christensen
Top 150 Contributor
Stockholm
Posts 512
Bronze Member

We have the moose in Scandinavia ( lucky danes, they dont ), just like in Canada., they jump out of nowhere and it is 400 kg to hit by a car, the big heavy weight is 1 meter over ground as their legs are light., so the half of ton fly into the window of  the car, and you die, happens all of the time in Scandinavia....cats are clever, but moose is stupid. they jump out on the road and just stand there and look at the car comming at them

My re-capped M75 are my precious diamonds.

Page 2 of 2 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS