Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

AV adapter for Beoplay V1

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

BeoLignage
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 207
Bronze Member
BeoLignage Posted: Tue, Jan 7 2014 3:40 PM

Hi,

Thought I should share my experience with connecting analogue equipment to a V1.

Summary: the adapter allows for analogue audio and video input to the TV. Below the long explanation.

For ~€18 beo stores sell this adapter, it is 9pin mini DIN thing, similar but proven not the same as a PC video card out Embarrassed, in one end and Scart male or female in the other end. I hoped to be able to connect a TV-Link from a beocenter 9300, an old VHS/DVD-combo player and get the sound from the V1 to the 9300 as well as the other way.

It was half way successful, the adapter allows for audio and video input to the TV. So the VHS/DVD works great, and the sound from the 9300 via TV-link /AUX connection as well (the reason for this is off course that all speakers in the room have been connected to the TV, and this gets Radio/Tape/CD sound to them)

But a quick measurement with a multimeter shows that there is no audio out from the V1, didn’t get to my mind to check what the other pins are for (maybe S-Video, in the test of the VHS/DVD composite was used)

So only way to get analogue stereo out from the V1 is with a RJ45->RCA adapter, but that will be volume controlled twice if connected to the 9300, so not the nicest solution (reason to get sound this direction would be for link rooms to access Spotify on the V1 via the 9300)

Hope this helped someone

Regards

Goran

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 11:11 AM
Hi Goran,

thanks for that info.

I assume if there is no audio out with the AV adapter, there will also not be a video out. So no chance for recordings with an old video recorder or - as I do sometimes via Scart of my BV 7 and BV 10 - with my camcorder with video and audio inputs.

Regards

Räuber
BeoLignage
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 207
Bronze Member

I actually did test that, and you are right, no video out. on the other hand even if it was sending, you would still record silent films...

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 8:07 PM

Anyone know if there is datalink - i.e would a V1 allow remote control of a V8000 or DVD1 via the AV adaptor?

tompa
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Bronze Member
tompa replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 10:15 PM

Hi,

Yes it have "datalink" /AVL but only oneway from tv to external source

so it possible to use it with for ex DVD1,BC2 but not V8000, HDR and so on because they demand 2way AVL maybe it work for playback but have not test but no recording can be done

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 7:45 AM

Thanks Tompa - that's useful to know!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS