Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocom 2 (& B&O Guarantee question)

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger Posted: Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:39 PM

I' ve noticed that an AV dealer  is selling Beocom 2's on eBay as brand new but about £150 off list price (with charger and base station). Oddly, they are asking a lot extra for a guarantee and that seems to be something of a con if genuinely new. 

Another well known second life dealer (not Lifestyle) seems to also have 'Brand New' Beocom 2's on his website. Does anyone know why new Beocom 2's should be appearing on the market outside the official dealership network?

Graham

PeterC
Not Ranked
Bristol, UK
Posts 24
Bronze Member
PeterC replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 9:23 PM

If it's the same company that I noticed, the extra cost warranty is for the second and third years - the eBay listing advises that there's a one year warranty included. Still curious as to how new ones appear outside the dealer network

PeterC
Not Ranked
Bristol, UK
Posts 24
Bronze Member
PeterC replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 9:23 PM

Double post - impatient fingers...

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member

Hi, am happy to answer this - just as every used Dealer sources pre-owned products in the main, there are occasions when brand new unused goods become available and are completely legitimate purchases.

I recently sold a brand new Beovision 7-55 3D with floor stand and speaker won on from a SKY Gadget Geeks show which every other Company was bidding on but not quite enough, many of the brand new products are insurance claims where the recipient wants to 'cash in.' In some instances Dealers in Europe have shut done and held back stock to release cash.

I guess it must be frowned upon to mention 'Another well-known second life dealer' i.e. morethanAV on this forum.  I don't deliberately remove serial numbers from multiple products sold to different customers like another well-known Company that professes to be saintly, everything I sell is completely legitimate and has a paper-trail from whom sourced.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 11:11 PM

Well, I did consider links to More Than and to the eBay seller! Whistle

I guess one of my queries is that if something really is brand new, then doesn't the normal B&O guarantee apply? Is it three years?

B&O dealers themselves are not consistent on this: I've bought ex demo from a main dealer and got a three year guarantee, yet other main dealers on the B&O website sell ex demo with short guarantees, or even brand new with expired B&O guarantees but a local dealer 6 or 12 month guarantee.

Graham

Medogsfat
Top 25 Contributor
Leeds West Yorkshire
Posts 3,896
Bronze Member
Medogsfat replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 11:43 PM

KingOfSnake:

Hi, am happy to answer this - just as every used Dealer sources pre-owned products in the main, there are occasions when brand new unused goods become available and are completely legitimate purchases.

I recently sold a brand new Beovision 7-55 3D with floor stand and speaker won on from a SKY Gadget Geeks show which every other Company was bidding on but not quite enough, many of the brand new products are insurance claims where the recipient wants to 'cash in.' In some instances Dealers in Europe have shut done and held back stock to release cash.

I guess it must be frowned upon to mention 'Another well-known second life dealer' i.e. morethanAV on this forum.  I don't deliberately remove serial numbers from multiple products sold to different customers like another well-known Company that professes to be saintly, everything I sell is completely legitimate and has a paper-trail from whom sourced.

What exactly has the 3rd paragraph of this answer got to do with the original question? You answered the OP quite well & just couldn't resist having your usual (boring) dig could you? BTW - that comment looks particularly slanderous to me which is probably why you have bottled out at simply alluding to who you mean.

It seems impossible for you to give an answer to anything on Beoworld without there being some ulterior motive.

Chris.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 7:37 AM

I wonder how many resellers are hidden behind those "nicknames" on Beoworld.

I know 2 companies now and that's Graham with Beo4life and Lee's Lifestyle AV. Who are all the others?

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 5:16 PM

HmmmWhisper

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 7:07 AM

Aha, another one, Jason from Iconic-AV

Brengen & Ophalen

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:51 PM

Hi Leslie,

You are on dangerous territory here! I seem to recall that one of my earliest posts on the previous forum was about on-line second life B&O sellers, and a complaint about the lack of response from some of them to a request that I'd either emailed or where I had filled-in an on-line request. I quickly found out who was who, having blundered into an area where I'd had no idea, at that time, about the ownership of Beoworld or the tensions between dealers.

There are also official dealers who post regularly, some making clear which dealer they are, some preferring to post privately.

No one has yet explained the guarantee issue raised earlier in this thread.

Graham

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 1:59 PM

Hi Graham,

Dangerous territory on such a friendly and for everyone in public "open to read" site like Beoworld?

Thought I already smelled some competition over here....

Still I'm curious who owns what and if they don't want to react, so be it!

Brengen & Ophalen

root
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member
root replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 9:20 AM

Who would remove serial numbers from B&O products?

For example in America, it's prohibited in most of the states to sell or even possess goods that had their serial number destroyed, removed, altered, concealed. Can't imagine a proper seller would act like that, in any part of the world.

One seller crosses my mind, a well known one, they stick little labels right on to the label of any b&o product, if you try to remove them, you remain with a damaged label...

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:28 PM

Leslie:

Aha, another one, Jason from Iconic-AV

And another one, Simon from Ava Services Ltd. Very nice chap! He's a member but forgot his nickname!

Brengen & Ophalen

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS