Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 6500 - Belt routing

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Pascal
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Pascal Posted: Sun, Feb 2 2014 1:30 PM

Hello, my name's Pascal and I am glad to have found this discussion platform,

I'm trying to repair my grand father's BeoSystem 6500. There are a couple of issues that need to be fixed. Being nearly 90 years old he has grown accustom to his old system and it seems to be simpler to repair the aging units rather than teaching him a new system (besides from spending the money for a new system).

The Beogram CD 6500 has been replaced by a 5500 (just because it was available at an acceptable price and seems to integrate well into the newer rest of the system), but that is a different story.

The Beocord 6500 (Model 4936) lost all four belts (one for the drawer and three (two small round, one flat) inside the drive unit), they literally melted to a black greasy mass. Thus it is impossible to understand how the belts were routed originally. While i did not have problems to replace the three round belts, the flat belt really got me. As far as I can estimate from the sheer length of the belt the routing seems to be non-trivial.

There are two older threads in the forum archives but they seem outdated to me. So maybe one of you BO veterans can tell me how the belts need to be routed? A schematic or photo would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice weekend

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 4:39 PM

Welcome to Beoworld !

Didn't the belts come with mounting instructions ?

Martin

Pascal
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Pascal replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 4:51 PM

Dear Martin,

thank you for the fast response. Unfortunately the belts didn't come with any instructions. I asked the seller of the belts already, but he could not give me any advice. Quite confusing. I have to add that I approached the belt problem very optimistically so I just bought the belt kit from the "next best" vendor (the big only auction platform).

Pascal

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 6:04 PM

Pascal:

Dear Martin,

thank you for the fast response. Unfortunately the belts didn't come with any instructions. I asked the seller of the belts already, but he could not give me any advice. Quite confusing. I have to add that I approached the belt problem very optimistically so I just bought the belt kit from the "next best" vendor (the big only auction platform).

Pascal

Laughing

You have email.

Martin

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 8:47 PM

One of the things I have to do this week and will post pictures in my thread how to replace these 3 belts.

Brengen & Ophalen

Pascal
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Pascal replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 11:37 PM

Thanks for joining in. I guess my *new* belts are on their way to my house as the first belt repair kit from the big online auction house was essentially the wrong size. Martin supplied me with some valuable infos. I recommend to get in touch with him, if in doubt. The repair of my 6500 could take a couple of weeks, but I'm going to post the results here.

Have a good start into the new week 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS