Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord VHS Video parts

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Bjorn
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Bjorn Posted: Fri, Feb 14 2014 6:50 PM

Does anyone still supply spare parts for the Beocord VHS Video Recorders? I still support these machines, but my last supplier has gone under.

Primarily I need parts for the Beocord V and VX series.  For example, service kits on the VX machines. The V series seem to have a common issue with the worm shaft preventing correct loading/tape transport.

Jantoman
Not Ranked
Italy
Posts 24
Bronze Member
Jantoman replied on Sat, Feb 15 2014 1:23 PM

Could you post some pictures?

Maybe the tape transport has some parts in common with other brands.

B&O Beogram 4004, Revox B790/Audio Technica VM520EB, Yamaha CX1000/YSTA5/TX350, Philips CDP400/BDP3100,Technics RS-B965, Infinity Qbx, Audio Pro 4/40 MkII

Bjorn
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Bjorn replied on Sat, Feb 15 2014 4:01 PM

Thanks for your message,  Yes I can post some pictures. I believe the mechanisms were manufactures by Hitachi on the VX models, but on the V6000 these were manufactured by Grundig. They look almost identical to some Philips parts. 

This worm gear tends to be a problem, after a while it starts to slip once the tape is loaded preventing the carriage gears from starting. On this V6000, the gears to the right have worn (part 48) on 4-3 in the schematic. It used to be in service kit A, but these are no longer available.

Jantoman
Not Ranked
Italy
Posts 24
Bronze Member

It's a Philips TurboDrive mechanism.

The servo board behind the head drum and the audio-control head look exactly like the Philips VR642 I just trashed (cassette loader broken beyond repair). The rest of the mechanism should be working: if you need spare parts… Where do you live?

As far as I know Philips replacements are still available, and cheap enough: if B&O and Philips service kits match, you're a happy camper. If not, you can easily find informations about TurboDrive on the net, and even some tutorials on YouTube. This one is in Italian, but the pictures talk by themselves… :-)

http://www.ilriparatore.it/pagine/varie/vcr/turbodrive/messainfase.htm

It's VERY important to check the correct position of the worm and the gear, in my experience.

Let me know if you need help.

B&O Beogram 4004, Revox B790/Audio Technica VM520EB, Yamaha CX1000/YSTA5/TX350, Philips CDP400/BDP3100,Technics RS-B965, Infinity Qbx, Audio Pro 4/40 MkII

Bjorn
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Bjorn replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 8:29 PM

I think these parts are interchangeable. The turbodrive repair kit contains exactly what I need to get this machine loading again. It's proving difficult to get hold of though. 

This video when it came in, was in quite a state, having been stored in a garden shed for quite some time. First time powering up resulted in the power supply smoking, which after replacing capacitors, this fault was discovered. I eventually narrowed the problem down to the turbodrive, not engaging to spool the tape. The worm and gear have since worn (condition exactly as in the photo). I'm hesitant to put too much work into this as I have yet to see if the machine will actually play. 

I thought it looked like a Philips drive from the start, but have not worked on a turbodrive from them before. I've worked on Panasonic superdrive and JVC drive assemblies, as well as Hitachi drives, but not Philips. 

I noticed that Philips service kit A contains the worm but not the long turbodrive gear. 

Oh, I am based in Cornwall, UK. I have plenty of VX parts, but not suitable for this machine. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS