Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002 platter not level

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Jkbeckett
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Jkbeckett Posted: Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:53 PM

I recently purchased a beogram 4002 which is in very good condition apart from the fact that the platter is not quite level. It is aligned with the top plate at the front but at the rear it down by approx the width of the top plate. i have fully loosened all the transport screws

i dont think its warped so need to know how to adjust it.

would it be the vertical spindle adjustment or the 3 springs for the floating chassis?

any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 3:37 PM

The 3 springs, yes.

Martin

phaselinear
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member

There are 4 ways to adjust the platter position.  #1 Yes the 3 leaf springs.  #2 the three screws surrounding the main bearing under the platter (moving these in or out tilts the center spindle. #3 there is a large brass nut holding the platter bearing down loosen the nut the main bearing itself screws up or down moving the platter straight up or down. # 4 to center the platter you are supposed to gently bend the threaded post that adjust the 3 leaf springs. Remember that you would need to bend it opposite the direction you wand to move the platter because of the pin in center of the leaf spring. This is all in the ser. manual and basically the same for all 400x.  PS you can only adjust so much with the leaf springs, if you move them to far the carriage can bind or you reach the limit of space in the transport lock (you loose you suspension movement)--

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS