Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 7000 motor noise normal?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Michael
Top 500 Contributor
Atlanta
Posts 98
Founder
Michael Posted: Tue, Feb 25 2014 2:25 PM

I'm just hoping to determine if the motor noise from my first BeoGram is normal.  It doesn't bother me that much as it's not very loud (especially with music playing) but I certainly don't want to carry on using it daily if this might be indicating a problem that needs to be addressed.  I have Benny Amina nearby for repairs but don't want to bother him (or the Beogram's transport) for something trivial.

What say you?  Normal mechanical noise or something needing adjusting?

LINK:

http://vimeo.com/87573492

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

No, that isn't normal and if I recall correctly it's caused by dry motor bearings.  The motor will need service or replacement.  Hopefully Dillen will read this - he'd know for sure.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 4:40 PM

Could be worn brushes but sounds to me more like a deformed commutator.
Live with it as long as it runs (which could be a long time, actually) or replace the motor.

Martin

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Is the belt original, or did you change it, a too short belt can cause noises too.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Michael
Top 500 Contributor
Atlanta
Posts 98
Founder
Michael replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:12 PM

It was changed but unfortunately that does not appear to be the issue.  I think Martin may have nailed it after a little closer examination.  I guess I need to figure if its worth the service right now to change.   Thanks to everyone for taking the time to watch and give feedback.

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS