Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV11 Audio Mode

rated by 0 users
This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert Posted: Tue, Feb 25 2014 6:36 PM
Dear all

My bV11 with latest SW stand is set up with a pair of BL6000 and a BL11 to work as 3.1 System. The BV is the Center speaker.

When watching TV it happens quite often that the Audio mode (Menu-3) is set automatically to A Dolby Digital output. This makes, depending on the input signal from the tuner a strNge sound and misses the center Chanel and so the speaking part. It is extremly bad when the input comes already in DD5.1.

Once I switch audio mode to MPEG (first entry) it works well.

What is wrong? A setting or a software or even a hard wear bug?

Pls help

Heribert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 6:44 PM

Heribert:
Dear all

My bV11 with latest SW stand is set up with a pair of BL6000 and a BL11 to work as 3.1 System. The BV is the Center speaker.

When watching TV it happens quite often that the Audio mode (Menu-3) is set automatically to A Dolby Digital output. This makes, depending on the input signal from the tuner a strNge sound and misses the center Chanel and so the speaking part. It is extremly bad when the input comes already in DD5.1.

Once I switch audio mode to MPEG (first entry) it works well.

What is wrong? A setting or a software or even a hard wear bug?

Pls help

Heribert

Reported as a known problem in a separate thread (possibly by Chris Townsend or a response to one of his BV11 problems.)

Graham

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Correct. The update was due out today, so maybe it'll happen overnight. I've been waiting over 6 months for this to be fixed.

Can you imagine saying to an owner of a new £7,000 car, "oh yeah we know the engine doesn't work all the time, just wait for the software update"!

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:12 PM
when I worked for a well known electric car company we could monitor real time all vehicle vitals (down to if the driver had not shut the door fully) and observe issues before the customer realised and correct them with firmware updates.

this technology is out there.

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 6:21 AM

Chris Townsend:
Correct. The update was due out today, so maybe it'll happen overnight. I've been waiting over 6 months for this to be fixed.

Mine did not find an update during this night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 6:36 AM

Heribert:
Mine did not find an update during this night.

Even updates work better after coffee and a Danish (pastry), try later. Whistle

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 8:24 AM
Tonker:

Can you imagine saying to an owner of a new £7,000 car, "oh yeah we know the engine doesn't work all the time, just wait for the software update"!

A £ 7.000 tv is like a £ 70.000 car !
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 8:59 AM

Chris Townsend:

To be fair, our BMW 3-series had two separate recalls, including a full engine replacement, a few years ago. Even Aston's are recalling their cars due to a part issue.

But, you are right, B&O does have a history of TV-related software issues which are never resolved quickly. Surely B&O should have the capability to fix something like this - if it's a software issue - within 48 hours!

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Thu, Feb 27 2014 7:17 AM

So has this fixed the problem then ?

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Thu, Feb 27 2014 8:18 AM

Mine did not find an update so far...

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

Apparently, there is a software update to 1.0.5.34211 released this morning

Regards Keith....

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Don't know yet, but yes it has updated.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

My V1 had the same update this morning.

I wonder what was changed/corrected.

Please note: Release date 29.01.2014 - what took them so long?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Thu, Feb 27 2014 6:56 PM

My dealer gave me the following information:

• improvement of handling the center channel (seems to be the problem of this thread)
  • improvement of EPG recording (seems to be the problem I mentioned in another thread with recordings over midnight) Will inform you about this tomorrow.
  • Problem that the network connection is lost from time to time

IF this all works, then at least two of my problems are solved. Lets have a Party !!!

Regards, Heribert

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 3:42 PM

it seems point 1+2 are solved now. What do you think?

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 6:05 PM

Sounds good to me. Hopefully this will placate Chris.

Unless he finds something else wrong with the tv of course , maybe the screen will be too flat ? Lol.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Watching Star Trek on Apple TV and so far it seems to be ok. Sky doesn't work now........

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 6:26 PM

Ironic how they have that slogan believe in better isn't it ?

anythings better than sky !

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Nope, spoke too soon. All sound lost at 26.11Erm..

My Beovision 8-32 upstairs never has a problem with Apple TV, so my initial(really really trying to be positive) thought it was an Apple TV problem. Turned off, and started again. So far it's working, but to be honest the family just look upon the 11 as a constant source of stress and misery now. Whats it going to do next?

Just lost all picture, but audio remains............ 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Spooky 👽

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 7:26 PM

Could the tv be faulty ? Why don't you ask for a refund or change it ?

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Done that. The Beolab 14 setup helped things to a point, but if all you get is intermittent sound.....

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 7:52 PM

Did it happen before you had the surround set up attached ? I mean is it ok with just 2 speakers , maybe it's to do with the surround set up ??

Bit worrying I agree though.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I always thought the quality of some of its playback was very poor, and distorted. Got the Beolab 14 which sorted out the bass distortion, and the missing centre channel has since started to appear.

It cannot just be mine if B&O are aware of it, and been working on a fix. Watching rugby now :-)

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:58 AM

My BV11 updated overnight, even though when I checked 24 hours ago the message on the TV was that the software was up-to-date. 

So, presumably, the software is updated over a period and not all TV's at the same time. My TV is set to automatically check for updates at 3am. It's also possible that when the TV checks for an update that the broadband system is off for servicing or something, so whilst 3am might be best for my TV it might be more likely that the ISP has downtime between say 2am and 5am.

First  thing I've noted is that the radio still does not automatically picture mute after initial switch- on. You have to switch radio stations after which the picture mute starts to function. Maybe it is just as well that these TV's do not suffer from screen burn.

Graham

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

When i got up the other morning the first thing it brought to my attention was the software update, which had to be acknowledged on the Beo4. Sky TV has been very slow to operate since. I select a channel and the numbers just remain on a blue screen. I used the Sky remote and it went straight to where i want it, therefore the box is ok. Thank god i bought a Beovision 8 for the bedroomErm..

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Sat, Mar 1 2014 5:49 PM
I will whait a little before updating then !

Have no sound problem untill now. Have the webmedia problem but never use it...
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

They had a 10 next to an 11 playing in Harrods recently. On the whole you couldn't notice much of a difference. Ona dark scene though the 11's dynamic contrast kicked in and it was game over. The 10 was better.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:27 PM

Chris Townsend:

They had a 10 next to an 11 playing in Harrods recently. On the whole you couldn't notice much of a difference. Ona dark scene though the 11's dynamic contrast kicked in and it was game over. The 10 was better.

My 2013 BV10-32 has a better and brighter picture than my BV11. To be fair, this is likely due to the size (32"), but it's certainly a superb picture. Let's face it, the panel you'd get in a recent BV10 is going to be the same as the panel in a BV11. The picture shouldn't differ too much, as a result.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
How do I improve the vocals. Watching Gravity second time round , anything over 60 surround sound is excessive but anything less than 70 I cannot hear the vocals(centre channel!)

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
What is shown when you press Menu+3?

Is it Dolby signal? Or MPEG. MPEG always worked better got me until the latest update. Now it seems to be the same.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Doesn't work. Watching on PS3.

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 8:44 PM

The ps3's not much of a blu ray player , get a cambridge audio - richer sounds sell them

They're an oppo in drag - exc machines

About the same price as a ps3 and vastly superior

Page 1 of 1 (33 items) | RSS