Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 5 & The Modern World

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

MOLE
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
MOLE Posted: Tue, Mar 4 2014 8:22 PM

Hello Beoworld

I have the opportunity to buy a beovision 5 and I could do with a bit of guidance.

How compatible is a beovision 5 with all of the various add-ons that are now the norm i.e. Freeview, Sky, Virgin, X-Box etc. This will be my first Beovision and I have to admit I am pretty clueless about these wonderful machines.

I am not desperate to have the latest and greatest bits of technology but I do need something that is at least compatible at a basic level.

Also, are there any common faults that I should look out for or be aware of.

Thanks for your help in advance.

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 397
Bronze Member
bramble replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 7:34 AM

Hi mole, 

Regarding your bv5, I have mine set up to sky+, Xbox, DVD , etc

and have found no problems with it, as to faults I have not had an issues (fingers x) and has been great, 

There maybe someone in the forum who can advise on possible faults.

ta

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 😀😀

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 8:33 AM

I use mine with a Sky+ box in a link system and can control the Sky+ both on the BV5 and the BV3 it is linked to upstairs. Excellent sets and both have much better sound than the BV10 I had for a short time. The picture on the BV10 is sharper on HD programmes but SD better on the BV5.

Peter

MOLE
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
MOLE replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 1:26 PM

Thanks for the advice.

Does anyone have any experience with BV5 and freeview?

MOLE
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
MOLE replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 2:04 PM

In addition to my above post(s), can anyone tell me what connections are on the back of the BV5 - namely, how many SCART connections.

I will probably want to connect a Sky or Virgin box (we are about to move so may change contracts) and also a games console. I probably won't have a DVD player as we can use the games console.

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 397
Bronze Member
bramble replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 6:48 PM

You have 3 scarts, and your pwr link x5 for your beolabs , multi link socket, stb control, 

TaBig Smile

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 😀😀

simon8201
Not Ranked
Devon
Posts 47
Bronze Member

You've also got a side panel with component connection for connecting a video camera or games console which is handy. I've had my BV5 for eighteen months and love it. It may be 'old' technology but it's a lovely piece of kit!

MOLE
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
MOLE replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 7:51 AM

Thanks for all the advice.

I'm going to have a look at one this weekend, so fingers crossed that it's a good one.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS