Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 1700 belts tightening/lubeing

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

KarsR
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Silver Member
KarsR Posted: Tue, Mar 11 2014 1:10 PM

Hello Guys,

After successfully (thanks to this forum) restoring a beogram 1202 with a beomaster 3000-2 it is time for the next project.

I got (yes, for free!) a beomaster 1700 which has a tiny problem. Some of the (metal) belts are not moving. When I open up the device and move them by hand, some seem to have a lot more resistance then others. 

What is the best way to lubricate and or tighten these belts? Knowing B&O there must be a better way to adjust this then putting a piece of carboard on the push-pin (like the previous owner tried). 

Kind regards!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 2:37 PM
KarsR:

What is the best way to lubricate and or tighten these belts? Knowing B&O there must be a better way to adjust this then putting a piece of carboard on the push-pin (like the previous owner tried). 

Kind regards!

Actually, silly as it sounds, that is usually the best (and only) way to solve this problem.
The cause, I believe, is production tolerances and deformation to the plastic parts that form the
clutch actuating mech.

Goofys machines. But what a beautiful design.

Martin

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
Posts 728
Bronze Member
BO replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 3:02 PM

Don't lubricate the belts or mechanism. The function depends on friction any lubrication will make it worse. Disassemble and clean everything well. The potentiometers should be cleaned with oxide cleaner and elecronic cleaner/IPA. Belt tension can be adjusted by moving the small wheel at the end. Don't tighten the belt much because it will make them go harder.

//Bo.
A long list...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS