Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1102 - needs re lubricating?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Lewis T
Not Ranked
Hampshire, UK
Posts 39
Bronze Member
Lewis T Posted: Thu, Mar 20 2014 10:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have just got myself a beogram 1102, its in ok condition, have put a mmc20s on it and a belt. It appears that when I am playing a record the arm isn't going down properly because you can hear the needle is not in the groove on the record its starts to sound all distorted and horrible, but i tried to push the little black bit that raises the arm down with my finger it works perfectly. I have seen on other threads and things about using sewing machine oil, I was wondering if this would sort the problem in this case? also would it just be the lift mechanism that would need re lubing ? 

It also appears to have a speed issue aswell on 33rmp its fine and the arm tracks fine and plays as to be expected (apart from the arm issue!) but when playing a single of 45rpm the arm goes to the correct place but the platter isnt speeding up at all its just spinning at 33rpm, again would this be a lube issue or a motor issue?

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks,

Lewis

marco
Not Ranked
Turin
Posts 65
Bronze Member
marco replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 10:56 PM

Hi Lewis

Good idea relube the lift mechanism but first clean all part of mechanism with IPA or a spray contact cleaner and after relube 

All the best

Marco

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS