Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

North American Service Providers for Vintage Products

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich Posted: Sun, Feb 12 2012 2:35 PM

The North American section has been lonely, so I thought I'd start a thread here to cheer the old gal up. 

I've used Benny Amina at Modular Electronics outside Atlanta to service vintage products.  He also retips MMCx to the equivalence of MMC4.

I've heard others recommend Atlantic Systems though I can't recall anyone giving a first hand account.

Soundsmith also advertises retipping of the highest end B&O cartridges.

Does anyone have first-hand accounts of using Atlantic Systems, Soundsmith, or anyone else in North America for servicing vintage B&O products?

jam57
Not Ranked
Denver CO
Posts 37
Bronze Member
jam57 replied on Sun, Feb 12 2012 7:26 PM

Hi Rich. Here in Denver I've used the Grammaphone Shop. This is the local repair center for B&O, and they used to be a dealer. They have the experience and willingness to work on vintage products. Recently they replaced trim pots and a speaker relay on my BM5000. After replacing the parts they ran it on their test bench for days to get the adjustments right and to make sure that no other issues popped up.

John

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 6:29 PM

Do they buy and sell gear?  Do they take mail-ins?  Do they service other brands?

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 12:53 AM

My only first hand experience with Atlantic Systems was to buy a set of replacement tweeters for my RL-140s. I called them early in the week and they put them off to the side until I was able to pick them up on the weekend. At least for that they were great to work with. Ok, so it's not a great story.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

wesheltonj
Not Ranked
Texas
Posts 22
Bronze Member

I use Pyramid Audio in Austin, Texas.  They service vintage to new, but no retips or cartridges, thats Soundsmith.

BeoSystem 5500, BeoVision 10-46, BeoLab 8002
Apple TV
Samsung BD-D7500
Wii

peria
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 321
Bronze Member
peria replied on Wed, Mar 7 2012 6:41 AM

I have personally used Atlantic Systems on a couple of occassions for repair. I have used UPS to send equipment from Arizona to Massachusetts. They were absolutely first rate. 

jeremy112
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Silver Member
jeremy112 replied on Mon, Mar 12 2012 3:08 PM

I have no need for a service center. I repair Any and all vintage receivers, cassette decks, CD players, Reel to Reel units, etc... I also repair more modern day electronics such as flat panels & I do computer work as well.

I am currently in the process of electronically restoring a Sansui G-4700, all new capacitors, resistors, transistors... Anything that reads clse to or out of tolerance. So far I have about 65% of the receiver done. I have not replaced all electronics, only the ones that have gone out of tolerance or are breaking down due to age.

I buy and sell this equipment, it is what I do for a living. I am also currently working on a beomaster 6500 receiver. I will admit that I am still a newbie to this B & O stuff. However, once you get the hang of it its like any other electronic device.

If any of you are interested in having your vintage B & O stuff electronically restored I would be willing to accomodate you :) I may be new here but my ebay record is spotless since 2005 (or 2006, not sure anymore :P )

Jeremy

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS