Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV 6-26 setup with Beo4

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Stotty1111
Top 100 Contributor
Finistere - Dept 29
Posts 962
Gold Member
Stotty1111 Posted: Sun, Feb 12 2012 7:40 PM

OK, just taken delivery (2 weeks ago) of a new / unused BV 6-26 - UK supplied, now got it back home, unpacked, set up on table stand etc.

Have got the DVB module working on French terrestrial(brilliantly), however to boot it up I need to use the DTV command on the Beo4, I also plan to use a UK supplied free to air satellite box, now as I see it I will need to program the Beo4 to run this on DTV2 - I would however prefer to move either DTV or DTV2 to the unused TV button, can this be done? if so how?

I recall seeing a thread explaining how to do it, have searched, but cannot find it - a link or a lead please!

salut

Tony

I work on the KISS principle  -  Keep it Simple Stupid

Nick
Top 150 Contributor
Nottingham
Posts 785
Bronze Member
Nick replied on Sun, Feb 12 2012 7:47 PM

Hi Tony, off topic but how does the bv6 compare to bv7?  Lifestyle has got 30 for sale on ebay!  I was going to treat myself but I have got a tax bill for £800!! so will have to check my pennies and hope one hangs about!

Cheers Nick

Stotty1111
Top 100 Contributor
Finistere - Dept 29
Posts 962
Gold Member

At the moment can't really say, only just sorted the French terrestrial out - this has several HD channels, a quick comparison of the SD and HD picturesdo not show a great improvement if any at all - least to my tired eyes!

Hopefully this week will get around to hookimg the 6 up to a HD Sat box. However the viewing angle of the 6 is better than the 7 but that is only on SD - tried some time ago to get HD up and running on my Mk 3 7, had to curtail the efforts as my wife, Gayleen, went into terminal decline, subsequently not had time to get back to it, garage construction etc, but again now on the final leg with the garage so hope to get back to the TVs later in the week!

Will keep you posted though!

Salut

T

Nick
Top 150 Contributor
Nottingham
Posts 785
Bronze Member
Nick replied on Sun, Feb 12 2012 8:04 PM

Sorry another question, is the sound any good?

Stotty1111
Top 100 Contributor
Finistere - Dept 29
Posts 962
Gold Member

My mum has a 12 month old one, operating in standalone mode, superb sound to my tired ears - hers was the reason for my dipping my toe in, got it off Ebay, via the Ebay shop of Peter Tyson Carlisle, paid £1700 for it.

T

Nick
Top 150 Contributor
Nottingham
Posts 785
Bronze Member
Nick replied on Sun, Feb 12 2012 8:12 PM

Hopefully if one hangs around long enough i may get one!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS