Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Grumpy old men and gourmets

rated by 0 users
This post has 404 Replies | 3 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Sun, Oct 26 2014 11:33 PM

I have been on the forum for some years now, and only in the last couple of weeks it became obvious that Beoworlders also eat, some of us posted pics and recipes on forums where it had nothing to do with the matter at hand. I know some members that gets grumpy about that, but no moderator deleted our delicious descriptions. Maybe they enjoyed our recipes.

Above just to describe my motivation to this thread, I want this thread to be about food, good recipes, good restaurants and what ever make it enjoyable to ingest or accompany nutriments.

This will also be a thread where you can be grumpy, without anyone being annoyed, what  we  wont accept is foul language, words like sh!t or cr"p will not be tolerated, and the Food Moderator is asked to delete such posts immediately and without exception. Beware that French words, you have never seen before, may appear.

Stories and chats about Seeburg Jukeboxes are also welcome, as Jeff has nowhere else to put it. Well you can post almost anything, but Jeff is my secret English Mentor. If I dont like it I will get Grumpy. Graham, if he dont like it, will post, "I am out of here"

Yesterday evening my wife went to a Halloween party, and I was left alone to cook my dinner. I went for Gratin Dauphinois and a pair of slices from the leftover Beuf Wellington, this is easy as the gratin you just put in the oven, and the Beuf, you can heat in the micro oven.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Oct 26 2014 11:59 PM
Great move !

When I retire properly I may take up cooking - or i may not seeing as the kitchen is a power reserve !

However you mentioned restaurants... So here is yesterday's lunch for a friend's birthday:

Entree for four;

Scallops in a sauce of truffles, leeks, and Amaretto

bottles of NZ Sauvignon Blanc and sparkling water

Four individual pizzas - regular for the ladies and large for us bad boys

General agreement was that my Vulcano with hot salami dusted with chilli was the best Devil

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

I'm not grumpy, nor (that) old, but i like food and I make something relatively gourmet most nights.  I grow my own veggies where I can, we have bees (not in the city) for our own honey, and I even do random things like roasting my own rice, so i can have roasted rice powder on my Thai Beef Salad.

I'll post as I go. :-) 

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:17 AM

Great idea and lighthearted - perfect.

Am I an old Man?  Not quite at 55 years old but like many of us, I've been around a bit!  Retirement is suiting me but like others on here, there arent enough hours in the day, days in the week or months in the year to get everything done!

Am I grumpy?  Well, yes, sometimes.  To divert from the track a bit, as some of you will know, I am a recovering alcoholic/addict (coming up to 8 years clean of alcohol etc but I haven't and will not give the sex up!)  I digress again.  Grumpiness comes as a result of being slightly obsessive/compulsive and then not getting my own way - especially when it's totally within my control but it still doesn't go as planned.  This is leading me to want to lose weight as I'm well over where I want to be and the only 'diet' that works for me is a high protein diet - no carbs.

So, for the next 3 weeks, my sole nourishment is likely to be chicken breasts!  6 a day.  2 for breakfast, lunch and evening meal.

Here was this mornings offering skilfully prepared by myself on my George Foreman Grill and with a homegrown and homemade tomato salsa:

I'd like to say that all pictures should have the requirement to include a piece of B&O but Soren started the thread so it's his rules.

I won't post any more pictures for a few weeks as they will all look like this one!  The funny thing is, this meal never gets boring and is always delicious.  I lost 16kg last time I did this diet in a 6 week period.  Plenty of excercise and the weight drops off.  You can also eat as much fruit and vegetables as you like but no sweetcorn or carbs/bread/rice etc.

Looking forward to more input from others.

Dave.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Dave Farr - the other good one besides the high protein, no carbs, is the high veg and some meat and a little carbs.  Well that works for me.  Too much protein and when you stop that high protein no carbs you stack it back on. 

I bought a nutribullet and i swear by it.  Veg for breakfast fills you till lunch and it's manageable long term. 

Congrats on your 8 years, don't give up the other pastime :-) 

I like how you incorporated breasts in to the BeoCentre 2 

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:40 AM

Dave Farr:

Am I grumpy?  Well, yes, sometimes.  To divert from the track a bit, as some of you will know, I am a recovering alcoholic/addict (coming up to 8 years clean of alcohol etc but I haven't and will not give the sex up!)  I digress again.  Grumpiness comes as a result of being slightly obsessive/compulsive and then not getting my own way - especially when it's totally within my control but it still doesn't go as planned.  This is leading me to want to lose weight as I'm well over where I want to be and the only 'diet' that works for me is a high protein diet - no carbs.

Oh dear. I was going to bring you some wine. Crying

Funny how we can meet on different topics!

I cook a lot too. I never go to the restaurant (too dear) but I do have quite a few cookbooks. Cooking is a fine hobby!

Count me in the group then, having turned fifty this year. Not too grumpy I hope Big Smile

Jacques

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Oct 27 2014 11:23 AM

chartz:
Oh dear. I was going to bring you some wine.

As I said on the email Jacques, I can have a 'cheat day' once a week so bring some cake!  I'll make the coffee - or at least the machine will.

@Aussie MichaelI, I  have to have 2 breasts at once, one is never enough!.  My 84 year old father once said to my 16 year old step-daughter over a chicken dinner, 'you've got too many breasts'!  Well, my dinner was all over the table after that one.

Sorry Soren, this thread is rapidly going astray!

Just been in the kitchen again a few minutes ago but to clean up the flood of water after I left the reverse osmosis water system on too long and the bidon overflowed!  The dog didn't even tell me!

Dave.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Dave Farr:

@Aussie MichaelI, I  have to have 2 breasts at once, one is never enough!.  My 84 year old father once said to my 16 year old step-daughter over a chicken dinner, 'you've got too many breasts'!  Well, my dinner was all over the table after that one.

Not astray, I too love breasts

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

I have 46 years of experience eating food, and I'm slowly becoming grumpy. I therefore approve of this thread. Please find one of my self-made favourites, soup of funnel chanterelles (Craterellus tubaeformis) and fresh cheese with smoked reindeer (Rudolf).

--mika

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

tournedos:

I have 46 years of experience eating food, and I'm slowly becoming grumpy. I therefore approve of this thread. Please find one of my self-made favourites, soup of funnel chanterelles (Craterellus tubaeformis) and fresh cheese with smoked reindeer (Rudolf).

AH ein Feinschmecker (smekerus de luxe), compliments, really a meal for gourmets, coming Xmas I will catch a Rudolf, place him in my living room, he will then get smoked (red Marlboro), and to my birthday he should be ready.

And do the plant grove faster with only left channel music. Nice pic.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:04 PM
I am worried about creating the wrong impression, however after celebrating a friend's 69th birthday on Sunday we had dinner last night with "the gang" of two other couples (and a studying daughter).

We used to always eat out about twice a year - now we order Indian takeaway and eat at one another's home.

Everyone except me (and I guess the studying daughter) has retired, however we did not have too much grumpiness at the table!

Our takeaways included vindaloo shrimp, samosas, saag aloo, and curries of beef, lamb, vegetable and supposedly fish but somewhere between the phone order and the table the fish escaped by swimming away.

BTW there was a discussion about birth years and the Year in which we "were made" but either way I was still the baby of the group.

BeoNut since '75

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Victoria, British Columbia Canada
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:59 PM

Hi Søren,

Your culinary skills are becoming legend not unlike your skills at resurrecting aging B&O gear of any stripe.

Thank you for the generous mention along with your invitation for all things Seeburg.

Thankfully, I won’t have much to add in that department; however I DID discover a “secret” for working on old electronics like my 1951 jukebox. [This may have some application vis-à-vis Beograms.] When making needed adjustments don’t try to “adjust” the problem at hand, do them all from A to Z.

My terrible play on A-side was the result of the tonearm being ¼” too far to the right. Next was an adjustment for the tonearm drop, mine was like a guillotine and it caused the needle to bounce over the first few grooves….. but no longer.

Back to the counter balance which was out of alignment again, from all the other “adjustments.” Set back to neutral and the M100B plays like the day it left the factory.

With a bit of luck, this will be the last mention of the Seeburg, my second favourite possession after the Beogram 4000.

Now let’s get back to food!

I wait, with great anticipation to see how this excellent thread develops!!!! Big Smile

Jeff

Beogram 4000, Beogram 4002, Beogram 4004, Beogram 8000, Beogram 8002, Beogram 1602. Beogram 4500 CD player, B&O CDX player, Beocord 4500, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 8004, Beocord 9000, Beomaster 1000, Beomaster 1600, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 4400, Beomaster 4500, Beolab 5000, Beomaster 5000, BeoCenter 9000. BeoSound Century,  S-45.2, S-45.2, S-75, S-75, M-75, M-100, MC 120.2 speakers; B&O Illuminated Sign (with crown & red logo). B&O grey & black Illuminated Sign, B&O black Plexiglas dealer sign, B&O ash tray, B&O (Orrefors) dealer award vase,  B&O Beotime Clock. Navy blue B&O baseball cap, B&O T-shirt X2, B&O black ball point pen, B&O Retail Management Binder

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:09 PM

Dave Farr:

Great idea and lighthearted - perfect.

Am I an old Man?  Not quite at 55 years old but like many of us, I've been around a bit!  Retirement is suiting me but like others on here, there arent enough hours in the day, days in the week or months in the year to get everything done!

So, for the next 3 weeks, my sole nourishment is likely to be chicken breasts!  6 a day.  2 for breakfast, lunch and evening meal.

Here was this mornings offering skilfully prepared by myself on my George Foreman Grill and with a homegrown and homemade tomato salsa:

I'd like to say that all pictures should have the requirement to include a piece of B&O but Soren started the thread so it's his rules.

I won't post any more pictures for a few weeks as they will all look like this one!  The funny thing is, this meal never gets boring and is always delicious.  I lost 16kg last time I did this diet in a 6 week period.  Plenty of excercise and the weight drops off.  You can also eat as much fruit and vegetables as you like but no sweetcorn or carbs/bread/rice etc.

Looking forward to more input from others.

Dave.

Dave,

Just in case there is any question, the high protein/low carb diet works! You just have to follow the rules: any meat you like, any vegetables, but NO bread, pasta, fruits, etc.

The great thing about this diet and why it is so easy is you get to eat all you want, thus you are never hungry as long as you completely avoid carbohydrates.

It isn’t the healthiest diet, but then you don’t have to stay on it forever.

Know this, you HAVE to loose more than your target weight, as when you go off this diet, you WILL gain 3 to 5 pounds….. and this is unavoidable.

Jeff

Beogram 4000, Beogram 4002, Beogram 4004, Beogram 8000, Beogram 8002, Beogram 1602. Beogram 4500 CD player, B&O CDX player, Beocord 4500, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 8004, Beocord 9000, Beomaster 1000, Beomaster 1600, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 4400, Beomaster 4500, Beolab 5000, Beomaster 5000, BeoCenter 9000. BeoSound Century,  S-45.2, S-45.2, S-75, S-75, M-75, M-100, MC 120.2 speakers; B&O Illuminated Sign (with crown & red logo). B&O grey & black Illuminated Sign, B&O black Plexiglas dealer sign, B&O ash tray, B&O (Orrefors) dealer award vase,  B&O Beotime Clock. Navy blue B&O baseball cap, B&O T-shirt X2, B&O black ball point pen, B&O Retail Management Binder

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:17 PM

Søren Mexico:

Dave Farr:

Not astray, I too love breasts

I fear this is morphing into grumpy old men and sex. If it does, Søren, perhaps you will need to start another thread. Although sex and food may indeed go well together, I am grumpy enough to prefer them separated. That said, this does not preclude the “occasional” mention. Laughing

Jeff

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:19 PM

Piaf:
Just in case there is any question, the high protein/low carb diet works! You just have to follow the rules: any meat you like, any vegetables, but NO bread, pasta, fruits, etc.

Hi Jeff,

yes, this is exactly what I have done before on the 'Superdiet'.  It certainly does work. No bread, no pasta, no rice but any fruit and veg is OK and lean meat, particularly chicken.  I had to calculate the g of protein for my diet based on a formula at the beginning.

I ended up having to have a cheat day on Monday as my wife came home late from work with Kebabs!

Jacques and his wife are coming tomorrow too so that's probably a second cheat day!

Dave.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:52 PM

Well, I'm definitely grumpy most days, and I cook, so I guess this all applies to me too. I bake my own bread, and do a lot of Chinese cooking. I was fortunate enough that when I was younger a Chinese friend of mine's father owned a very good Chinese restaurant, and taught me to cook. Since I've gotten to where MSG gives me massive migraines, it's a good thing I learned, as I love Chinese food and couldn't do without it.

One of my favorite old cook books is by Vincent Price, yes, the actor. He was quite a gourmet and the book is amazing. What is most striking in a way is that it's a collection of recipes from various high end restaurants around the world he liked, and it's interesting to see just how much presentation has changed since the 50s and 60s. Food was much plainer then, today plating and presentation are much more stylish and artistic. I also have Iron Chef Morimoto's cookbook, and the presentations are works of art.

Cooking is just applied Chemistry.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:10 PM

Dave Farr:

Piaf:

Hi Jeff,

yes, this is exactly what I have done before on the 'Superdiet'.  It certainly does work. No bread, no pasta, no rice but any fruit and veg is OK and lean meat, particularly chicken.  I had to calculate the g of protein for my diet based on a formula at the beginning.

I ended up having to have a cheat day on Monday as my wife came home late from work with Kebabs!

Jacques and his wife are coming tomorrow too so that's probably a second cheat day!

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Since it worked for you previously I trust that you know what you are doing, but I am almost certain that most fruits, due to the high sugar content, are off the list.

And cheating? Hummmmmm, as I recall, if you are on the diet for several weeks, you can “cheat” briefly and periodically. Short term, that is a week or less, cheating doesn’t work.

An eternity ago I lost 25 pounds on that pain-free diet, but I was single then and worked out HARD in a gym three days a week. Now, I no longer control the menu and to be honest, if something sumptuous is placed in front of my, I am gonna eat it!

Must be nice to have Jacques so close by. Enjoy the cheating…… I mean meal! Laughing

Jeff

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:42 PM

I have just baked a simple fruitcake, with raisins, no chocolate, a bit of butter and sugar though. Ideal for tea of coffee. My only problem was that not being at home but at my mum's place in Dijon, and not having my usual environment - and oven - it looks a bit odd. Surprise

But yes Dave, eating it will definitely be cheating on your diet, sorry.

Jacques

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 6:43 PM

Piaf:

Hi Dave,

Since it worked for you previously I trust that you know what you are doing, but I am almost certain that most fruits, due to the high sugar content, are off the list.

And cheating? Hummmmmm, as I recall, if you are on the diet for several weeks, you can “cheat” briefly and periodically. Short term, that is a week or less, cheating doesn’t work.

Hi Jeff,

cheating is allowed and in fact suggested by this diet but only 1 day a week.  Fruit is 100% OK except for bananas.  The sugar content of fruit is irrelevant for this diet.  You can also eat butter!  Milk is off the list too as well as all cereals.

It does work and I really did feel fitter.  My arthritic fingers were pain free too.  That has come back a bit hence also wanting to go back on this diet.

See you tomorrow Jacques.

Dave.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

I get a little grumpy, when I have to hear about diets and hours in the gym, thats not for old men. My advice is, eat less and keep on moving, the most frequent failure we humans do is to eat when not hungry, and then eat until we feel full, wrong. Eat when you feel hungry, and then only until you dont feel hungry, anymore. Grumpy old Men, was raised by their parents to eat what was on the plate, and eat it all. Thats a good thing for children and youngsters, but not for adults. Now stay away from Junk food, good home cooked meals is it. Here a nice recipe for Carpacio, Filetto di Manzo

You will need a cutting device like this one, an EVA, in the cinemas in the late 50is and beginning of the 60is, The film shoved the EVA, and the speaker told you what you could cut, and then at last he said. "give your wife an EVA", discrimination women would cry today.

Now find a good piece of beef filet, freeze it solid, take it out from the freezer 1 hour before cutting, its then perfect for cutting, cut as thin slices as possible without loosing body texture.

what you see on the plate is enough for 2 people, ad more depending on how many servings you need.

Now add a cheese of your liking, Mozzarella, Parmesan or even Gorgonzola if you like a strong taste, or mix it.

Then add chopped champions and fresh basil, I have 2 basil plants in the kitchen so always fresh basil available

Make a marinade of 2 parts olive oil, 1 part red wine vineager, English sauce, salt pepper (cayenne), lemon juice of 2 small  lemons (green ones), you will have to make it to your liking, I often add some drops of Tabasco. For this plate I used about 300 ml. put the plate in the fridge for at least one hour, or until serving. Serve with fresh toasted toast, press the toast flat with a big knife, cut into small triangles, Sylvia and I enjoy this at least once a month, and it is a perfect entry for a good menu, do not serve too much, because the people tend to eat a lot of it, spoiling their appetite for the main dish.

kimchr
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 170
Bronze Member
kimchr replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:51 PM

Breakfast is served. Echiladas with a side of bacon. Mexico Style vacation @ Rosewood Mayakoba

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:10 PM

Just a quick note to let you Grumpy Old Men know I'm about to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich here at work before I head off to class.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:29 PM

No pictures to hand, but this cook (who can't see the point of all the TV cookery programmes and competitions) fits all the known old grumpy categories.

Graham

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

This GOM gave up cooking when folks complained that the cracked peppercorn on their Baldinger's Lord Of The Manor was actually pipe cinder.

I'll get my slippers!

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:52 PM

Dave Farr:

Piaf:

Hi Dave,

Hi Jeff,

cheating is allowed and in fact suggested by this diet but only 1 day a week.  Fruit is 100% OK except for bananas.  The sugar content of fruit is irrelevant for this diet.  You can also eat butter!  Milk is off the list too as well as all cereals.

It does work and I really did feel fitter.  My arthritic fingers were pain free too.  That has come back a bit hence also wanting to go back on this diet.

See you tomorrow Jacques.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I like your diet better than mine! Big Smile

I was given my diet by a nurse (friend) and it forbid all the usual stuff: Bread, pasta, milk products, refined sugar of any type, ANYTHING deep fried, etc. So baked chicken OK, fried chicken banned.

However the list included all fruits and corn….. of all things.

And Søren is right; our parents raised us to eat everything put on our plates. As a kid I didn’t leave the table until the plate was empty. It was good training for a child, but really bad for an adult.

Jeff

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

Søren Mexico:
...Here a nice recipe for Carpacio, Filetto di Manzo...

Good grief, that looks delicioso!

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:56 PM

Hi Søren,

Not to worry, I don’t go to the gym anymore, those days are past. PAST!

And I am not on a diet. I could use to lose 10 pounds, and I do on occasion, but they keep finding me again.

Jeff

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:03 PM

While I am a Michelin star Grump I don't cook very often (other than warming stuff up and Sunday lunch etc.) but when I do I like to think myself quite good at it (of course others are well within their rights to disagree, they just have to do without desert)!

Ban boring signatures!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

vikinger:

No pictures to hand, but this cook (who can't see the point of all the TV cookery programmes and competitions) fits all the known old grumpy categories.

Graham

Right, most of these programs includes complicated cooking and mostly more weight was on the "artistic" presentation. The only one I checked once in a while was Gordon Ramsey, he spoke a language that even I could understandBig Smile

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Puncher:

While I am a Michelin star Grump I don't cook very often (other than warming stuff up and Sunday lunch etc.) but when I do I like to think myself quite good at it (of course others are well within their rights to disagree, they just have to do without desert)!

Not to worry Puncher, you will fit right in here

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:12 PM

Our immediate neighbors in St. Petersburg were a really nice retired couple who insisted on us joining them for virtually every holiday meal.

The wife, Muriel, fancied herself a wonderful chef (she wasn’t) and her husband agreed.

Muriel didn’t use salt, pepper….. oh heck, I am sure she didn’t own a single spice and was proud of it.

I don’t want to be unkind, especially as it was extremely nice to be included in all the family dinners, but Muriel’s cooking, God love her, tasted like cardboard wrapped in sheetrock.

When we purchased the 1953 house the venting for the range was absolutely useless, so we installed a good exhaust vent with proper ducting.

Prior to us Muriel and her husband had never “experienced” any cooking done in our home, by anyone. Our exhaust fan aimed directly at Muriel’s patio where they liked to lounge about and one day Muriel comes to our door with an announcement, “You people sure use a lot of onions and garlic!”

Guilty as charged. That’s all she had to say and left. I closed the door and about fell on the floor laughing.

Jeff

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:15 PM

Piaf:
Guilty as charged. That’s all she had to say and left. I closed the door and about fell on the floor laughing.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

--mika

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:17 PM

Søren Mexico:

vikinger:

Graham

Right, most of these programs includes complicated cooking and mostly more weight was on the "artistic" presentation. The only one I checked once in a while was Gordon Ramsey, he spoke a language that even I could understandBig Smile

Impressive as those cooking contests are, they are just that a contest, a competition, not really cooking.

Change the venue ever so slightly and you have “Survivor” or “The Amazing Race.”

Jeff

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:52 PM

Piaf:

Søren Mexico:

vikinger:

Graham

Impressive as those cooking contests are, they are just that a contest, a competition, not really cooking.

Change the venue ever so slightly and you have “Survivor” or “The Amazing Race.”

Jeff

Now I am really grumpy because I got a 'Connection Lost' message and lost my reply!

Too many programmes are made to the same formula, including house renovation etc.

Programmes from the 50's 60's and 70's get recycled but to a sufficiently different format to avoid royalties going to the originators.

End of grump.

Graham

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 10:00 PM

vikinger:

Piaf:

Søren Mexico:

vikinger:

Graham

Jeff

Now I am really grumpy because I got a 'Connection Lost' message and lost my reply!

Too many programmes are made to the same formula, including house renovation etc.

Programmes from the 50's 60's and 70's get recycled but to a sufficiently different format to avoid royalties going to the originators.

End of grump.

Graham

Graham,

I rather enjoy the various offerings from the Home and Garden channel, but I detest those rush jobs, with the owner’s somewhere off the property, where a group of builders come in and revamp the house or garden at an insane pace.

Oh the clock is ticking….. faster, faster, faster!

All this in the guise of entertainment.

Jeff

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member

Of course there's always Nigella!!!

(I apologise to my Wedfriends© for posting this again, but needs must) -

Ban boring signatures!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Puncher:

Nigella also has chicken breasts for the dieters

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 10:55 PM

Søren Mexico:
Nigella also has chicken breasts ..............

Sorry, - doesn't compute!

Ban boring signatures!

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Wed, Oct 29 2014 11:17 PM

Søren Mexico:

Puncher:

Nigella also has chicken breasts for the dieters

Probably worth dieting over.... Laughing

Jeff

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Just to remind you who you are, GOM theme song

Page 1 of 11 (405 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS