Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 4000 type 1603 - Volume slider help

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Lewis T
Not Ranked
Hampshire, UK
Posts 39
Bronze Member
Lewis T Posted: Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:09 PM

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me I have got a fully working Beocenter 4000 but the volume slider has got it self in a mess and its come un attached inside and now has come off the machine so have to way  to adjust the volume. The slider kept slipping now and would get stuck at 5 out of 12 and it has come un attached inside. Just wondering if anyone knows how to access the part I need to get to and how to go about re attaching and fitting it again.

Kind Regards,

Lewis

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:30 PM

The volume potentiometer is held by either two or four nuts, depending on version.
The nuts hold on to protruding "ears" on the potentiometer housing. These ears can break off but
it can also happen that a nut works itself lose or the threaded shafts break off.
You need to lift up the front panel and this is no easy task, I'm afraid;
Start at the rear, take the long black rail off.
Then the center aluminum cover.
Then the front wooden (or white) trim piece (a number of tiny grub screws from underneath) and the
two sides trim pieces (tiny grub screws from above).
A bracket (or two) with a screw in the groove somewhere along the upper edge of the frontpanel.
And then swing up the frontpanel.
When fitting again, make sure not to trap any leads and make sure to mate the pin under the tuning disc
to the AM switch activator arm on the circuit board.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS