Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

A8 headphones unpacking

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 541
Gold Member
Ferdinand Posted: Sun, Feb 12 2012 8:49 PM

Hi,

Got an pair of A8 headphones with the purchase of a BS8

This was the Christmas offer but I was late Big Smile

I have made some pictures while unpacking.

edit: why do the pictures only show half? Would it be possible to have these re-sized to a format that fits the forum?

Stonk
Top 50 Contributor
Marlow, Bucks, UK
Posts 2,070
Bronze Member
Stonk replied on Sun, Feb 12 2012 8:56 PM

Ah nice multiple pics on a first post. I still don't know how to do it.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Sun, Feb 12 2012 8:57 PM

Stonk:

Double edged sword... you CANNOT directly open those in a new tab, so the only way to see the part that doesn't fit in the post is to open them one by one and then return to the post to open the next!

(on Firefox, anyway).

The way to use multiple pics is to add them to your media library and then use the "insert media" function while composing the post. Works in the old forum as well. Or, to host them completely somewhere else, which I find clumsy as well...

--mika

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

And this is not a Q post.

Let's run it to page 2

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Sun, Feb 12 2012 9:00 PM

Very nice. This is an example of one thing that has annoyed me with the old forums though - because the threads are so narrow you have to scroll pictures which often puts me off. I wonder if there is a way to address this? Some forums use a java pop-up that allows you to scroll through all pictures in that post / group then close when finished is this possible here I wonder?

Sorry to hijack your post Ferdinand!

Olly

Stonk
Top 50 Contributor
Marlow, Bucks, UK
Posts 2,070
Bronze Member
Stonk replied on Sun, Feb 12 2012 9:01 PM

tournedos:

Stonk:

Double edged sword... you CANNOT directly open those in a new tab, so the only way to see the part that doesn't fit in the post is to open them one by one and then return to the post to open the next!

(on Firefox, anyway).

The way to use multiple pics is to add them to your media library and then use the "insert media" function while composing the post. Works in the old forum as well.

Oh, you learn something new everyday. Not that I have enough different cat-on-glass-table pics to add but it's good to know [][]

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 541
Gold Member
Ferdinand replied on Sun, Feb 12 2012 9:40 PM

Stonk, not sure if I understand your question correct but by copy pasting the IMG tags per picture you can add multiple pictures to one post. I first put the pictures on photobucket as this (for me) works easiest although it is a bit of a workaround.

Will try the new media functions next week or so.

Step1 .. actually the same 'problem' as with the old forum exists. In my post only 2/3 of the picture is shown. Luckily most of the detail(s) seems to be on that part so you don't mis out on that much.

All, does the below mean that the extension cable is included? It is not in on my A8's

The Earphones come with their own specially designed leather carrying case, and a two-metre extension is also available for use with stationary equipment.

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 331
Gold Member
Magnus replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 6:29 PM

tournedos:

(on Firefox, anyway).

Opera have a  "Fit to window width" feature that scales the pictures so that you see the whole thing inside the post. Odd that Firefox doesn't have something similar... Guess you need to change browser!

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
Posts 4,770
Bronze Member

Since they are not hosted by this server, they can't be clicked. But rich-click on them you get the option to show in new window/tab.

But I think this is something that should be adjusted in the forum software, as I don't know of any other forums than Beoworld, where the forum itself doesn't adjust it's page width to the pictures posted.

Too long to list.... 

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 541
Gold Member
Ferdinand replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 7:14 PM

I have changed the topic category from 'discussion' into 'question' as there are two questions in this topic

1. Should A8 headphones come with an extension cord or have I misread / understood the information available on this site about the A8's

2. Will this forum software update include an 'automated resize picture' possibility? Or will the posters need to to that individually?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS