Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Some asistance please with N-Music & Beoplayer

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member
Stoobietoo Posted: Thu, Dec 4 2014 10:25 PM

I have built myself a Media-PC to use with my BV5 (non HD) and BS9000. It is connected to the BV5 and BS 9000 via Beoport (A Beolink PC 2) and networked to my main PC via Ethernet. My music is stored on HDD attached to the Media-PC but videos are stored on my main PC. It all works really well and I use a mixture of Beoplayer and XBMC.

The biggest problem I have is that the resolution on the BV5 makes using the Media-PC very difficult as a computer! When viewing menus and Beoplayer etc it is really hard to read the screen. I know this is due to the limitations of the BV5 and in XBMX is not a problem but when I'm trying to make playlists for N-Music I really struggle.

Is there a way I can produce playlists on my PC and save them to the folder in Beoport where B&O stores the playlists made via Beoplayer.

I know that playlists follow a certain form so if I can find the Media-PC playlist location I might be able to open it and edit it manually on the better screen on my PC.

Where would I find the folders? I have looked and can't find anything obvious. Would it be linked somewhere with Microsoft Media Player? Basically I want to manually make playlists on my Media-PC from my PC so I can see what I'm doing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stoobie

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
What kind of files are you playing?

What OS are you running on the media pc?

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Hi,

I'm using MP3 files and running Windows 8.1.

Thank you.

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS