Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoCenter 7000 repair

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

nckomorowski
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
nckomorowski Posted: Mon, Jan 12 2015 6:18 PM

Greetings,

I recently inherited a BeoCenter 7000 in good working order along with two BeoVox S55 speakers.

I have no idea how(either a cat or the cleaning lady), but within two days the latch on the top plate covering the analog controls was broken so now the plate is always open. I believe it is the plastic piece on the underside of the plate that broke rather than the latch mechanism. Any ideas on whether that piece can be replaced or repaired and how it can be done?

Anyone able to point me in the right direction in learning more about this system?

Thank you.

nckomorowski
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

With a little bit of searching myself, I found the second answer. Rather than a BeoMaster, this is a BeoCenter 7000. Sorry for any confusion.

John
Top 500 Contributor
Yorkshire England
Posts 104
Bronze Member
John replied on Thu, Jan 15 2015 11:45 PM

The plastic catch attached to the underside of the lid is replaceable, It is in a dovetail slot and slides out of the front edge of lid.  Main problem finding another replacement. Why did it beak?   The lift device will past it's best, most sets I have seen are broken and don't lift at all.  Has yours been modified with a strong spring lift ?  If no one has a catch for you, I could take pictures of my sets catch and it should be possible for you with a lot of filling and sawing to make one out of a small piece of aluminium, that is if you have the time and patience.

John

nckomorowski
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Thank you very much John.

The springs are indeed pretty strong and the lid is now always up due to the broken catch. If you could take some pictures, that would be perfect. I can probably work something out with that. I believe the catch was broken by the cleaning lady. Other things have been broken because she didn't understand how to open them and just sort of forced them...

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS