Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink app

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Sat, Jan 24 2015 11:04 AM

hello all

if you have a Beolink gateway running with a beovision 7 I understand the app is built according to your setup.

i have looked at the demo and cannot see but does anyone know if you can enable cinema mode from the app?

this would allow me to selly beo6 that is only used to come out of cinema mode when it's dark. Unless of course the beo6 is needed for modern setups that may have to use the nav button.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Jan 24 2015 3:22 PM

You can, indeed, assign Cinema commands to the virtual buttons on the app. In fact, you can assign discreet "Cinema On" or "Cinema Off" commands.

I would hate to part with a Beo6 in favor of the iPad app, though. Currently, there is much more you can do with the Beo6 -- such as having multiple layers of pages to keep organized and assigning icons to your buttons, which you cannot do with the MLGW app. I've never been fond of the way the app handles the nagivation buttons.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

HI there

thank you for the update.

I am still in love with my beloved Beo4, i only bought the beo6 so i could see the cinema on and off button. apart from that it never gets used.

If it means freeing up some cash to pay for the Beolink gateway i may do it.

It does depend if the beo6 will be unlocked by my future products and maybe the moment as currently it just sits on teh side not doing allot.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Jan 24 2015 5:19 PM

I love the simplicity of the Beo4. My Beo5 and then Beo6 sat unused for a long time -- as I would just grab the Beo4 and not even need to look at the buttons. Now, however, I always find myself grabbing the Beo6. When you get the MLGW or BLGW, you'll find yourself building macros with the LIGHT and CONROL buttons. We're not accustomed to having all of these CONTROL buttons available on the Beo4. The downside to the Beo4 is that you have limited buttons on the remote and it's not so easy to remember which buttons are assigned to which macros. Whereas, with the Beo6 your layout can make sense based on what your particular setup is. How much home automation will you be controlling? If it's just a few lights, you'd be fine with the Beo4. However, if you plan on having a whole houseful of lights, ceiling fans, and blinds being controlling, you might find the Beo4 cumbersome. Oh, and we can't forget about that magical "COFFEE" button they show in the home automation video! One can dream....

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS