Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Can you map BeoRemote One Buttons to specific functions?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal Posted: Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:37 PM

For those of you who have a new BeoVision / BeoRemote One, I was curious if you could answer this question. Obviously B&O have made it possible to download PUC tables from the internet to allow for IR compatibility with non B&O devices connected to your televisions. Therefore, buttons on the BeoRemote One are mapped to specific functions of the devices connected. Can the end user change the button mappings?

Here's an arbitrary example (forgive me as I don't know the default button mapping, so I'm making it up):

Let's say I download the PUC for an Apple TV, by default, lets say that the GUIDE Button on the BeoRemote One is equivalent to the MENU function on the AppleTV (AppleRemote) (again, I don't know how this is set up by default by the PUC). What if I wanted INFO on the BeoRemote One to also function as the MENU button on the Apple TV. Is this sort of customization possible?

I chose AppleTV, because of it's relatively simple remote and functionality. But I'm thinking for appliances like STB's and the like (especially my TiVO), the remote has so many dedicated buttons, it would be nice if B&O allowed the customization of the interactions.

Looking forward to responses.

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member
BeoMegaMan replied on Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:20 PM
The short answer is no. You could map in theory buttons to a Beo6, provided B&O has them as part of the code base structure for that screen. If not, you will have to capture the xml code and create a button that will directly control the product via IR from the Beo6. The BeoRemote One is more or less a dumb remote as the Beo4 was in the sense that it simply is relaying commands to the TV to then become control commands for the device in question. No discrete control commands are being sent to other devices.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:26 PM

Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS