Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Gateway

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:27 PM

hi all

the wait has begun I have ordered the Beolink gateway :)

I need a software update on my bv7 and will have no on screen menu but the fun begins as soon as it arrives.

I need to buy a new light bulb that is gateway compatible. I can get a Phillips hue or lutron Rania ra. Does anyone know the cost of the Rania ra? How does the ra connect to wireless?

is the Rania able to control led lights?

is the Phillips hue in the automation list now as its on the beo integration site but not in the manual list??

cheers all

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member
BeoMegaMan replied on Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:32 PM
Congrats! You'll love it! Seriously, it's criminal how slept on the gateway is. Half the blame is on the lack of proper marketing, the other part is having a dealer know what the hell it is and what it can do.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:40 PM

BeoMegaMan:
Congrats! You'll love it! Seriously, it's criminal how slept on the gateway is. Half the blame is on the lack of proper marketing, the other part is having a dealer know what the hell it is and what it can do.

I cannot wait I have so many questions :)

i have an ilight controller that has rs232 and need to learn to somehow pass the commands to it and maybe how to receive commands back unless it can connect directly to it.

is Phillips hue in the automation aystems list?

i agree with your comments and it is a shame as it can do so much

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member
BeoMegaMan replied on Thu, Jan 29 2015 11:23 PM
RS-232 is supported in the gateway. The commands for it depend on the device. You can always make your own custom strings as well.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Thu, Jan 29 2015 11:33 PM
@seanie

The Philips Hue is built in as a recognized source.

No custom strings needed. I use Lutron and it's perfect. I use control over ip but you'll seriously be amazed at all of the things the blgw can do.
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Jan 30 2015 12:25 AM

The BLGW has built-in control of basic lamp functions of the Philips Hue. However, it does not yet have built-in control of light scenes. Programming the light scenes can be done easily with custom strings. Using the light scenes is much better than trying to program each lamp individually. The light scenes are actually stored in the bridge and the lamps themselves to call up a light scene much faster -- rather than having the "popcorn" effect of lamps changing one at a time. The Philips Hue bridge does not like having more than 10 commands sent within one second and can crash when setting macros with individual lamp control of multiple lamps. Using a light scene prevents this.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

I cannot wait until it's delivered. I have paid today and now waiting for delivery. My bv7 will be updated to the latest software to allow it to pass light and control commands not that I am sure I know what the control commands are yet.

i cannot wait to start programming and playing

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Jan 30 2015 9:15 PM

You'll love playing with it! In the meantime, you can start thinking about macros you'd like to create. The LIGHT and CONTROL commands are the triggers that you can use to trigger macros. The macros can really be just about anything that you want as far as combinations of B&O events as well as non-B&O events. You can also create "virtual buttons" that are the buttons that will show up on your iPad.

The CONTROL commands are really just extra triggers if you run out of LIGHT triggers. The LIGHT triggers are your first choice for your most-used macros since the LIGHT commands can be easily made with your Beo4. In addition to LIGHT and CONTROL there are also FUNCTION commands. For example: LIGHT: FUNCTION or CONTROL: FUNCTION so that you have plenty of possible triggers.

If you ever use an Essence Wall Remote in LIGHT mode as a wall switch, it uses the LIGHT: FUNCTION_20 through LIGHT: FUNCTION_27 triggers.

If you happen to have a BeoSound 5, here is something that I did that was fun: I created a FAVORITES list on the MLGW to attach to the RADIO (which I use instead of N.RADIO) function on the BeoLink iPad app. I searched on the internet and attached thumbnails of internet radio stations for my favorite internet radio stations. When I select RADIO and then FAVORITES on the BeoLink app, it brings up the icons for the internet radio stations from which I can select.

When I select CINEMA, my tv turns off, my projector screen lowers, my projector turns on, and the Philips Hue lights around the viewing area turn off. When I go out of CINEMA mode, the lights around the viewing area turn back on.

I created a macro and assigned a button for it on the Beo6 as well as the BeoLink app to turn on the table lamp near the sofa to reading level so that with just one button I can have enough reading light for things such as reading email or checking the posts on BeoWorld while I'm watching TV. I created a similar macro for the nightstand light in the bedroom.

Here's an idea: You could create a DINING macro that would set your dining room lights to the desired level, dim all of the other lights, and select a N.RADIO station such as a jazz station to provide ambiance. You could create a ROMANCE button to dim the lights in the bedroom and play the soundtrack from "The Princes and the Warrior" (my favorite for romantic encounters) on your BeoSound.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS