Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoVision 7 and Apple TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

chrisparis
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
chrisparis Posted: Tue, Feb 3 2015 2:28 PM

Hello,

I own a BeoVision 7, a MacBook Pro and IPad. I'd like to send the sound & image from my macbook or IPad to my TV. Do you know if I should buy an Apple TV for that? Is Apple TV compatible with a BeoVision 7? I am not sure how to connect it. Thanks a lot for your help.

Chris

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Apple TV is currently at Generation 3. It supports 1080 HD downloads and playing. It has an HDMI connection.

So if your BV7 has a spare HDMI then you have good match.

Optionally but highly desirable is to also have a PUC cable ( you may have a spare IR PUC port on the BV7) to run to the ATV so that the Beo4 can order the BV7 to control theATV instead of you having to use Apple's silver remote that comes standard with ATV.

You will also the the PUC translation code for an Apple remote loaded in the BV7. This needs to be checked before you buy the PUC cable from the dealer as only the dealer can load the PUC code :-( requiring a home visit.

BeoNut since '75

chrisparis
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Hi Elephant and thanks  for your response. unfortunately, my BV7 does not have an HDMI socket but only DVI... Anything I can do to connect the Apple TV? 

chrisparis
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Hi Elephant and thanks  for your response. unfortunately, my BV7 does not have an HDMI socket but only DVI... Anything I can do to connect the Apple TV? 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS