Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Masterlink Distribution with RJ45-sockets

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

AlexanderI
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
AlexanderI Posted: Sat, Feb 7 2015 3:34 PM

Hi, 

Maybe someone could help me out. I have a Masterlink Distribution box with RJ45 sockets. So I do use RJ45 to Masterlink for my B&O products. Well now I wanted to extend the distribution box with 2 more sockets, So i bought a CAT- 6 cable, and a junction box with two RJ45-socket.

Then I connected the CAT6 cable with RJ45 in my Masterlink Distribution box, and from the otherside I connected my bola 3500 as " usual " witch means Beolab 3500 -> Masterlink -> RJ45 (cable) and it does not work. When I unplugged the new two sockets and connect direct to the Distribution box it works perfect.

I also checked the connections cables, and switch the new RJ45 sockets to my internet switch and it works perfect. 

Any suggestions? 

Best, 
Alexander,

Sweden  

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sun, Feb 8 2015 2:07 PM
There could be an issue of straight versus twisted connection wires.

And make sure you have 568B connections.

Get another cat6and give it a shot.

There could also be an issue with the connection block. You may find that the aftermarket block you have wont work.

Try getting another b&o connection block.

AlexanderI:

Hi,

Maybe someone could help me out. I have a Masterlink Distribution box with RJ45 sockets. So I do use RJ45 to Masterlink for my B&O products. Well now I wanted to extend the distribution box with 2 more sockets, So i bought a CAT- 6 cable, and a junction box with two RJ45-socket.

Then I connected the CAT6 cable with RJ45 in my Masterlink Distribution box, and from the otherside I connected my bola 3500 as " usual " witch means Beolab 3500 -> Masterlink -> RJ45 (cable) and it does not work. When I unplugged the new two sockets and connect direct to the Distribution box it works perfect.

I also checked the connections cables, and switch the new RJ45 sockets to my internet switch and it works perfect.

Any suggestions?

Best, Alexander,

Sweden

lano
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Bronze Member
lano replied on Sun, Feb 8 2015 2:13 PM
You need to have shielded cables since ML uses the shield as ground. Also your junction box can not be a switch of any kind.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS