Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Show us your car!

This post has 162 Replies | 5 Followers

B&Ola
Not Ranked
Stockholm
Posts 27
Bronze Member
B&Ola Posted: Mon, May 28 2012 11:00 PM

I'm pretty sure that we can find many nice wheels inside Beoworld members!

Here you got mine. A lovely weekend saloon. A Jaguar MK2 3.4lit 1961

Hope you like it.

/Ola

Alison
Not Ranked
Australia
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Alison replied on Tue, May 29 2012 1:08 AM

Oh, this is gorgeous!  My Grandma had exactly the same Jag and I felt like a princess in it.  Actually hired one as my wedding car when I got married.  I love vintage cars, and this one's a beauty!  

Not putting up a pic of mine until it's been washed.  Could be a while. 

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Tue, May 29 2012 2:04 AM

That Jag is beautiful!

Cars have always been a huge hobby of mine, here are two current ones.

Here is my vintage - 1971 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

And here is the Blue Steed! - 2010 Honda Accord Coupe. I know its not vintage, but I am in love with this thing Smile

Beo4 'til I die!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder

Cannot tell you how much in love I am with the Mustang in the 'Alcatraz' TV Series... Right Hug

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Tue, May 29 2012 2:23 AM

Those Bullet style 'Stangs are brill.

Seen the new ones? 

Beo4 'til I die!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder

Love it !!

However... I'm afraid my regular car is a bit boring in comparison.  You all have lovely classics - I have a teutonic oil-burner, built to carry the owner in the back !! 

2012 model 730LD.   Does everything it needs to, very well indeed.   Here's a pic of it on the day i took delivery last September.  If you look hard enough in the background you can see the salesman rubbing his hands together and smiling at the thought of his commission bonus.....

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder

And here's what I want when I can afford it !!  (Note - i do NOT own one of these.. Sad )

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

Boy oh boy, what a nice selection so far.  We currently have 9, yes, that's NINE cars at home at the moment!  Classics list =

1973 Lotus Elan Sprint DHC - 15th from the last ever built.

Rally prepared Renault Alpine A310

1980 Renault Alpine A310 - this was one of 7 Alpines bought and used as research tools by Lotus (for development of the Esprit) and DeLorean (for development of the DMC12).  The engine was modified by Lotus from 2.7L and is now thought to be 2.9L but has never been confirmed.  Only believed to be 6 of these remaining.

1969 Daimler V8 250

Fiat Dino 2400 Coupe - 2.4L Ferrari engined of course (purists have heated argumants over this one!).

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

And for those who would like to see more:

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

And the next:

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

2 more to go:

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

And finally - apologies for picture size.  Click on them to see a seperate window.

Mindphaser
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 100
Bronze Member

Wow;

this A310 is ASTONISHING !!!

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

The 1962 Coupe de Ville I've had since 1997.

--mika

Alison
Not Ranked
Australia
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Alison replied on Tue, May 29 2012 2:15 PM

OMG!!!  Some truly awesome cars on here!  And absolutely love the 62 Coupe de Ville.  (I'm a retro fan.  Love anything from the 50s, 60s and 70s.)

No way I'm putting up a pic of my car now.  It's a BMW... but not in this league.

Might have to post my wish-list instead.  *sigh*

Keep 'em  coming!!   Smile

B&Ola
Not Ranked
Stockholm
Posts 27
Bronze Member
B&Ola Stick out tongue [:P] replied on Tue, May 29 2012 2:20 PM

9 LEE:

And here's what I want when I can afford it !!  (Note - i do NOT own one of these.. Sad )

Lee, I thought you were British? Smile

Beamer, Porsch...

/Ola

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, May 29 2012 3:30 PM

I think he protests too much! I remember someone picking me up one time in a 911 cabrio and another trip to a certain Danish factory in a Bentley!! Big Smile

Peter

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, May 29 2012 4:42 PM

B&Ola:

Lee, I thought you were British? Smile

/Ola

I am indeed...  Which is why i don't buy British. Indifferent

Funny old lot, us English, wanting reliability and build quality in our everyday cars.....  which is why i buy German!

That said, Japanese cars are screwed together very well on the whole.

I see a classic car, or anything French or Italian as a labour of love / hobby car.  You know it's going to go wrong and you don't mind having to fix it - and there's always an element of trepidation in your mind every time you turn the key.  Not what I want from a car at my stage in life, being old and all that...

May i Just say there are some beautiful cars posted on this thread.  You've all got fantastic taste!

Lee

Big Smile

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

I have also something one of its kind... However, it's not a car. It is just a Harley...

First 2 photos are for the magazine. Last one relative actual...

Lee, English cars are not that bad!!! Especially Land Rover brand is very precious for me ;) These are my poor cars...

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

Christophe
Top 500 Contributor
Cape Town
Posts 94
Bronze Member

Wow, looks like this thread was waiting for me ..

My new toy below, I have been driving it for less than a month, which explains why I was a little away from B&O world in may..Surprise

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

My humble Volvo 480ES which is a mere joke compared to the supercars in here!

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, May 29 2012 8:55 PM

Søren Hammer:

My humble Volvo 480ES which is a mere joke compared to the supercars in here!

480ES !!  I had one of the first ones into the UK (i bought it used back in 1992 - about 5 years old, but the number plate started D480 *** - which were assigned to the 6 press vehicles)

A lovely car - but did suffer from water ingress through the bulkhead.  Pop up lights were super-cool for the time too!

Lee

Smile

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Wed, May 30 2012 8:35 AM

My sister recently bought a so called smart car , the only smart thing about it is the name. It's the most stupid pointless car ever made IMO. There's no boot for starters just a shelf above the rear engine , you could just about fit a hamster cage there except they'd get cooked by the noisy little sewing machine engine. Then there's the Lamborghini like performance 0 to 60 in a week and a top speed that lets you get cut up by a milk float.

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Wed, May 30 2012 5:37 PM

tournedos:

The 1962 Coupe de Ville I've had since 1997.

Sweet! Yes - thumbs up

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member

Wir liebe autosSmile

Bj-2005Stick out tongue

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 10:38 AM

My wife's car with carlashes. Now I am never driving it ever again.

Funny how this topic went downhill since the Dutch got involved.

Sorry about that.Embarrassed

BeoVision 7-32 DVD; BeoCenter 6-23; HDR-2; BeoLab4000's; Beolab11; T1611; BeoSystem 6500; Beolit 12 and saving for moreBig Smile

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 10:53 AM

LOL

Olly

Medogsfat
Top 25 Contributor
Leeds West Yorkshire
Posts 3,896
Bronze Member

I wish we had kept this one, it's a Lea Francis roadster. My father had a metallic blue one of these garaged for as long as I can remember up until the day he passed away - it never moved for at least 40 years & was sold by his 2nd wife on his death. I don't think I need to spell out my thoughts on that little episode.

Unfortunately I drive a lousy BMW 320D estate - one of the most insipid/worst cars I've ever owned...

Medogsfat
Top 25 Contributor
Leeds West Yorkshire
Posts 3,896
Bronze Member

He also had one of these - it's an Austin Sheerline sedan. I hired one of these for my wife to travel in on our wedding day & it can still match the luxury of most of the best on offer today!

An absolutely beautiful car.

Henrik Toubro
Not Ranked
Copenhagen
Posts 70
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Love it !!

However... I'm afraid my regular car is a bit boring in comparison.  You all have lovely classics - I have a teutonic oil-burner, built to carry the owner in the back !! 

2012 model 730LD.   Does everything it needs to, very well indeed.   Here's a pic of it on the day i took delivery last September.  If you look hard enough in the background you can see the salesman rubbing his hands together and smiling at the thought of his commission bonus.....

Funny, that you mention your car as "boring". Despite all the nice cars in this thread, your 7 Series is the one I would like to have the most. It is absolutely gorgeous.

js
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 382
Bronze Member

Saab 900 Turbo S Aero. The true and only one !

Not my day-to-day car obviously.

Nick
Top 150 Contributor
Nottingham
Posts 785
Bronze Member
Nick replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 7:17 PM

js:

I had 2 of those but the t16s models!  A saab 99 turbo, a saab 900 gm cabriolet 

now I drive an a3 and my company car is a golf blue motion 

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

Saab turbo very nice - I nearly bought a modern Saab but sadly they gone bust and didn't want to risk it. If anyone saw the Top Gear tribute, it nearly shed a tear to my eye. 

I ended up buying a BMW 320d Touring 2007 model. I'll post some pictures after its had another wash!

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Hi all.

For me it's a Toyota mr2 old and reliable

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 9:59 PM

Seanie_230:
old

looks as bright and shiny as it probably did on its first day !

very nice !!

BeoNut since '75

ablaumeise
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member

js:

Why 'obviously'? What's wrong with it?

The 900 still is a perfect day-to-day car...

My 1988 900 Sedan...has now run 499000km, first engine, first gearbox, still in daily use. Converted to run on LPG. In daily use.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

ablaumeise:

The 900 still is a perfect day-to-day car...

My 1988 900 Sedan...has now run 499000km, first engine, first gearbox, still in daily use. Converted to run on LPG. In daily use.

And why not... you don't even need to keep a spare ignition cassette in the trunk to keep you from getting stranded, unlike those driving later models Stick out tongue

Here's my daily driver, same age but with only 340.000 km on the clock. It has given such great service for the last 6 years that I might even change the oil one of these days!

--mika

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Here is a picture of the BMW we hired (the only one I have ever driven) for the trip to Struer (point J) taken at point (F) on what was quite a tour ! We ended up at Skagen (the furthest point North at the urgings of the Beoworlders from Copenhagen (O), and point (B) is where we met Soren and his dad and their dual collection of B&O kit !

In the background the humps you can see are ancient burial mounds ... and the picture was taken from the top of the Danish equivalent of Hadrian's wall -- fascinating stuff !

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

elephant:
Here is a picture of the BMW we hired (the only one I have ever driven) for the trip to Struer (point J) taken at point (F) on what was quite a tour ! We ended up at Skagen (the furthest point North at the urgings of the Beoworlders from Copenhagen (O), and point (B) is where we met Soren and his dad and their dual collection of B&O kit !

BeoNut since '75

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

(point N) looks interesting... Unsure

Laughing

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
Page 1 of 5 (163 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS