Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 8000 not working

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

gvidal
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
gvidal Posted: Wed, Apr 1 2015 4:57 AM

Another Newbie to Beoworld here,

I have BeoLab 8000 type 6803 with no sound.  I checked the power supply and found I was missing the -50 volts. I found that the relay (RL1) is not working.  I took the relay out to test it and it works.  Also I check the voltage on the traces while the relay was out and had 25 volts.  However when I put the relay back in the voltage was gone.  I then unplugged P3 and checked the voltage on the cable connector and it was there.  I also bypassed the relay and the -50v appeared but still had no sound.  As stated, I am new at speaker repair.  I've always just had old cheapo's but now if I can get these working I think I will have a great pair.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

gvidal 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Apr 1 2015 7:29 AM

Welcome to Beoworld !

Beolab 8000 has a problem with the foam material sitting around the amplifier board. It eats away at the copper traces
on the board. I have seen a couple of cases similar to yours and it seems to affect the relay connections first, check the
copper traces running under the foam.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS