Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1000 Mexico

rated by 0 users
This post has 59 Replies | 5 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

I used our dining room for the restore, now the FS wants me to clean it, I tried to convince her that we could dine in the kitchen with the guests arriving tonight, but no such luck. I dont understand women, this would be a good occasion to show our guests how I work

Our guest room was occupied when I started, it is normally also my electronic work shop.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Victoria, British Columbia Canada
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Fri, Apr 17 2015 4:35 PM

I don’t know what your FS is complaining about, that Beogram 1000 looks like a wonderful focus point for the evening’s conversation to me.

OK sure, gather the tools a bit together to make more room for the dinner plates and you are all set for a stimulating evening.

Jeff Lets have a Party !!!

Beogram 4000, Beogram 4002, Beogram 4004, Beogram 8000, Beogram 8002, Beogram 1602. Beogram 4500 CD player, B&O CDX player, Beocord 4500, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 8004, Beocord 9000, Beomaster 1000, Beomaster 1600, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 4400, Beomaster 4500, Beolab 5000, Beomaster 5000, BeoCenter 9000. BeoSound Century,  S-45.2, S-45.2, S-75, S-75, M-75, M-100, MC 120.2 speakers; B&O Illuminated Sign (with crown & red logo). B&O grey & black Illuminated Sign, B&O black Plexiglas dealer sign, B&O ash tray, B&O (Orrefors) dealer award vase,  B&O Beotime Clock. Navy blue B&O baseball cap, B&O T-shirt X2, B&O black ball point pen, B&O Retail Management Binder

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

The missing pics back

gbrou001
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

You were right the 1st time, concerning the brake....I always thought it was only a friction brake, but when I saw these images it became clear it is a magnetic break. The disc with the felt pad pushes the magnets towards the motor and slows it down...great tecnology! Mine has no wire or spring right now...the fixation on the pitch dial is loose, as it goes round and round, so it won´t be able to pull the string....any ideas on hoe to fix this? thanks

gbrou001
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

You were right the 1st time, concerning the brake....I always thought it was only a friction brake, but when I saw these images it became clear it is a magnetic break. The disc with the felt pad pushes the magnets towards the motor and slows it down...great tecnology! Mine has no wire or spring right now...the fixation on the pitch dial is loose, as it goes round and round, so it won´t be able to pull the string....any ideas on hoe to fix this? thanks

Stampe
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Stampe replied on Tue, Dec 4 2018 12:00 PM

Hey Søren

I'm a new member, since i got me a Beogram 3000, type5228, and i'm trying to make it run precisely in speed. This little felt on the copper-nail, that lifts the wheel (your red arrow) does it also work as a part of what controls the speed, since it can be adjusted and trhereby graduates the hight in which the big wheel connects to the conic brass-thing on the motor ???

Stampe
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Stampe replied on Tue, Dec 4 2018 12:15 PM

Hey Søren - another reply on the same object: did it work with epoxy/fiber washer (hvad betyder iøvrigt "fiber wasker" ?)

Mvh. Niels

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

I repaired with a piece of hard plastic, a fiber washer er en spændeskive lavet af presset kunstfiber eller noget i den retning. the arm is used for fine speed adjustments on later models, the BM 1000 fine adjustment is done directly at the motor

Stampe
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Stampe replied on Thu, Dec 6 2018 2:45 PM

Hey again - thank you very much.

I think im lucky that my fiberwasher is intact - don't you agree ?

Stampe
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Stampe replied on Thu, Dec 6 2018 2:46 PM

Dårh - photo didn't work 😒

Stampe
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Stampe replied on Thu, Dec 6 2018 3:05 PM

Stampe
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Stampe
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

The original "fiber washer" is actually a felt pad, the glue and the felt pad deteriorate with use and years, Martin recommend a fiber washer I used a piece of plastic

upload your photos to your files here on the forum and then post them where appropriate  

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Dec 6 2018 10:12 PM

I have used a small piece of thin teflon sheet for the last many decks, I have repaired.
Just glued over the hole in the metal tongue - on what will be the upwards facing side of the tongue when put together and fitted.

Martin

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Dillen:

I have used a small piece of thin teflon sheet for the last many decks, I have repaired.
Just glued over the hole in the metal tongue - on what will be the upwards facing side of the tongue when put together and fitted.

Martin

I am sure B&O would have done the same if they have had Teflon at the time Thumbs Up

kookos
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
kookos replied on Sat, Jan 23 2021 8:19 PM

Found this thread trying to fix my beogram 1800 which has the same motor but different mechanics otherwise. My initial problem was too slow speed, so I disassembled everything, cleaned and lubed it all. Put it back together and nothing happens. Disassembled and loosened the grub screw and tried another position of the disk. Still nothing. I might have broken some electric connections, but I doubt it.

So my question is, should the motor assembly be tightly connected with the upper plate (the disc close to the the felt pads) or should there be a gap? If so, how large a gap? In your pictures it seems like the gap between the disc and the upper plate is something like 4-5 mm. If I have the same space, the shaft twists and turns pretty freely from left to right and up & down (before assembly). Should it? Now that I do not have a noticeable gap, the motor shaft and the pulley seem to be very hard to rotate by hand. I guess it shouldn't be hard at all, so there must be something I did wrong here...

I have to say it's a real *** to fix. You have to disassemble everything, try to clean or lube parts and try something different, assemble everything and try if it works. If not, same again. And again.

Thanks...

KolfMAKER
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 176
Silver Member

Thanks a lot for sharing your step-by-step info on the BeoGram 1000 VF Søren!
Currently I am working on a BeoGram 1500, which is more or less a BeoGram 1000 with a built in amplifier and 2 speakers.

I have solved a lot of issues already, but have one left: starting the motor.

• I have checked and repaired the switching mechanism, initiated by taking the tone arm out of the arm rest. So that works.
  • Then there is round knob for the speed selection (see picture). If I turn it to 33/45/78 rpm, sometimes the motor starts spinning, but sometimes it doesn't.

Question
Do you have any experience with this speed selection knob and what could be the issue in making the motor (not) spin? 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, May 24 2021 11:37 AM

Have you checked the actual motor spindle, or are you merely looking at the platter, which you say the motor runs or not?
My guess is, that the motor is actually running, but the speed selector mech, has seized in dry lubricants, only allowing the idler wheel to swing in and contact the motor pulley at certain speed selections (45/78).
A bad belt (and indeed some of the sewer pipe gaskets sold in large numbers at Ebay as turntable belts) can also cause this, since the belt is the only thing pulling the idler towards the motor pulley.
The original belt has very unique properties. 

Martin 

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

As Martin says, and maybe a bad switch or loose wire connection

Page 2 of 2 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS