Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 6000 Quad back and sounding great

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

beaker
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 761
Bronze Member
beaker Posted: Tue, May 12 2015 7:53 PM
My Bm6000 had developed a habit of dropping a couple of the channels once it warmed up had never really worked via the remote so I got in touch with Tim Jarman and he agreed to take a look. Well I picked it up last week and I'm delighted with it. It actually sounds better than I thought. I know the bm6000 isn't the greatest amp ever but it sounds rather nice through the pentas as I've still not hooked it up to the P50's.

As I couldn't have the amp done and then have an old cartridge I've treated the Beogram 6000 to an Axel Mmc20cl. I haven't listened to it yet but will do shortly.

It really is a beautiful system. It's amazing that it's 40years old.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder

Wonderful looking receiver - Tim fixed mine a number of years ago!

This was a picture of his and mine together!!

Peter

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, May 13 2015 2:40 AM
Gorgeous! May I be so bold as to suggest your system now needs the older Beocord 5000?

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Your white BS6000 is really gorgeous!

I have 4 Beomaster 6000, none really in good working order...

But first one is finally on the workbench of friend of mine. I can't wait to hear it ...

IMHO this system is most beautiful in white, unfortunately all 4 of mine are rosewood or teak.

As somebody mentioned you could need the matching Beocord 5000 though ...

Cheers!

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

beaker
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 761
Bronze Member
beaker replied on Wed, May 13 2015 1:50 PM
I would get a Beocord 5000 just to complete the set even though I'd never use it. It would look nice

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

beaker:

I would get a Beocord 5000 just to complete the set even though I'd never use it. It would look nice

And if I may say the 900 RG in beautiful Brazilian rosewood, on which the BS600 is sitting on, is also gorgeous!

The only problem you would have is that there is no enough place on it for BC5000 Smile

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

beaker
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 761
Bronze Member
beaker replied on Thu, May 14 2015 6:29 PM
The 900 compact is indeed a nice looking radiogram. It's not too big but as you say it needs to be longer if I want the Beocord 5000!
Jakemack
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Jakemack replied on Wed, Feb 16 2022 1:05 PM

Hi, this is a beautiful set up congrats. I’m just wondering where this Tim jarman is based if you would share as I’m looking at buying this same 6000 in white to go with my white 4002. It would be nice to know someone who could take a look at it and service it. I currently have a bm3400 in white that matches but I can’t get this look out of my mind it’s a thing of beauty. Thanks 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS