Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

AV-PC not working on Beovision 7 32 Mk3

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
becho4 Posted: Sun, May 17 2015 7:02 AM

Hi,

I have a Beovision 7 32 Mk3 connected to a Beosound 9000 via beolink.

I have a pair of Beolab 1 connected to the Beousound 9000 so I configured the TV and the Beosound as option 1.

I have as well a PC connected via DVI+RCA to the Beovision.

I would like to listen to the audio signal from the PC in the Beolab 1so I was expecting to achieve that using AV-PC on the Beo4 but it doesn't work (just nothing happens).

Beolink works fine since when I press AV + DVD I can listen to the DVD in the Beolab speakers with the screen off.

Any idea of why AV-PC doesn't work? Any suggestions to make this work?

Thank you

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, May 17 2015 6:34 PM
Does PC result in the BV behaving as a monitor and displaying the PC's screen ?

Does the PC's audio play at that point ?

What sort of PC is it ?

BeoNut since '75

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

Sign the pc to a.mem or some other source. I am almost sure I was told my customer support that sound from PC does not travel over masterlink. I simply changed to a.mem, and the problem was solved.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
becho4 replied on Wed, May 20 2015 7:28 PM

>> Does PC result in the BV behaving as a monitor and displaying the PC's screen ?

Exactly. I don't even have antenna connected but see all my favourite channels via internet on a web browser.

>> Does the PC's audio play at that point ?

Absolutely, the minijack audio output from the PC is connected to the 2 RCA inputs in the Beovision which are associated to the DVI input (as mentioned in the TV user guide)

>> What sort of PC is it ?

It is an intel NUC. Extremely small, powerful and silent. I have one HDMI output connected to the Beovision and a second one to a video projector.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ttiTzp1ZT1k/maxresdefault.jpg

becho4
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
becho4 replied on Wed, May 20 2015 7:58 PM

>> Sign the pc to a.mem or some other source. I am almost sure I was told my customer support that sound from PC does not travel over masterlink.

You are probably right since I see no other reason why it doesn't work.

I can't help keep thinking about what is then the Beo4 option "AV-PC" intended for?

>> I simply changed to a.mem, and the problem was solved.

I think that in that way I would loose the audio while in "PC" mode.

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 115
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Thu, Mar 16 2017 8:57 PM

The PC command does travel over masterlink but your Beosund 9000 is probably to old to understand the command, my Beolab 3500 from 2008 understand PC from my BV7 but my Beolab 2000 from 2003 and my Beomaster 7000 doesn't 

Søren

rekseini
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
rekseini replied on Sun, Mar 15 2020 6:48 AM

Well, normally, if I was running DVD from a laptop, I would have to run audio from the headphone jack to the audio in, (red and yellow pledges on the back of the TV), to take the audio. The Apple TV had an optical out, so if the TV has an optical in, then you could carry audio that way. You should be able to tell the TV which audio to use in the menu, (if there is more than one method).

What make and model beovision is it?

Thanks

Walmartone login

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS