Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 17 + Beosound Essence, Any Need for a DAC?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

zizousama
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
zizousama Posted: Thu, May 28 2015 7:22 AM

Hello everyone,

Greetings from a new member here at Beoworld! Finally pulled the trigger and bought a BeoLab 17 pair and Beosound Essence box, which will arrive shortly. The reason for the purchase, of course, is wanting to unleash music and hear the finer details that conventional gear may not be able to present.

I am wondering, though, do I need some sort of DAC to output clearer and more detailed sound to the BeoLab 17s? Or is my regular laptop onboard DAC enough?

Thank you, and forgive me if this subject has been addressed before or if I'm posting it in the wrong section.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi zizousama and welcome to Beoworld.

The speakers are connected to the PowerLink outputs of the BS Essence - and all audio processing is done in the Essence respectively in the speakers.

You don't need any (extra) DAC anywhere, since the speakers aren't direct connected to your laptop.

What you need is a mobile device - for the BeoMusic app, and (maybe) for Spotify and AirPlay from an iDevice....

If you have a local collection, that you want to play from your setup, you might need a DLNA server running e.g. on your laptop (could be on a NAS alternatively).

You will have to 'point' this to the location of your music (on the laptop or on the NAS) in order to play it through your new setup.

If your music is in iTunes on your laptop, just airplay it to the Essence.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

zizousama
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
zizousama replied on Thu, May 28 2015 10:19 AM

Thank you very much for the great and thorough explanation Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS