Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connecting Penta 3 active speakers to non B&O sound system?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

GylesC
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
GylesC Posted: Sat, Aug 8 2015 3:39 PM

Hi there guys,

I'm new to the site & also a complete newbie to B&O equipment..  I have 4 B&O Penta 3's that i picked up off of my boss for a very low price because he wanted to get rid of them ;) I do not however own a B&O stereo, nor am I in a current position to buy one...

The point of this post is to ask if anyone has previously wired up these speakers to a non B&O system, or has the knowledge of how to do it? Are there any adapters needed? Can it be done without buying any extra equipment?

Looking forward to some good news hopefully!!

Thanks,

Gyles

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

Hi Gyles and welcome to Beoworld.

Yes, they can be used with a non-B&O system and many people have done this.  The link below answers this question for you;

http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/40935.aspx

What are you going to connect it to then?  There are a multitude of older B&O amps/systems that have the Powerlink outputs to drive these.  Yoiu can also use them with your TV set.  Some older B&O stuff is not as expensive as you may think and you'll then get the most oput of these speakers.

Enjoy them.

Dave.

GylesC
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
GylesC replied on Sat, Aug 8 2015 4:42 PM

Hi Dave, thankyou very much :)

Ok brilliant, well thats good news. Only problem is I'm not very good with all this technical jargon.... I've read through that link you sent, and I've got to be honest, I don't really understand what they're talking about :P Could you shed some light..?

I'm not too sure what I want to connect them to, possibly my little Sandstrom hifi, or my old school Sony multi-stack. How would I go about using the speakers on a TV set? I'll have a look at some of the older B&O systems too then :)

Thanks,

Gyles.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

Gyles,

for £275 you could buy a good Beovision 6-26 and you could use them on that.  Our title sponsors Lifestyle Av have one here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bang-Olufsen-B-O-BeoVision-6-26-LCD-Television-Alu-Black-S-10651-/321817833696?hash=item4aedd670e0

They also have an HD version for a few hundred more.  The Pentas just pluig straight into them and you can daisy chain the speakers as each has 2 Powerlink sockets.  The cables carry L and R signals and you just set the speakers to L or R than you have a nice surround system.

You'd need to buy a remote such as  BEO4 to operate it all.  It also has other AUX inputs for connecting other things like DVD player, CD player etc.  If you do then get a B&O Hi-Fi system, if it is Masterlink capable, then that can also be connected and you have a fully integrated system operated from one remote.

Or, if you want a slightly bigger set, an old Beovision Avant cost peanuts these days as they are a CRT set but the picture is outstanding and still holds up well against more modern sets.

You need to decide what you want to connect the speakers to and then we can help more.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS