Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BLGW remote access via BeoLink App

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
DocLeisure Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2015 11:11 AM

Hello,

I recently upgraded my MLGW to a BLGW and after some initial hazels I am on a way that nearly all MLGW functions are also working with the BLGW.

One thing that is not working at the moment is the BeoLink App access over the Internet. It is still working with the MLGW via a DDNS service, but the BLGW says "No zones" or it is unreachable.

So, where is my mistake?

Any hint is highly appreciated. By the way it is perfectly working at home.

Best regards

Doc Leisure

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Mon, Nov 23 2015 10:03 PM
You need the khimo subscription I think.
Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Tue, Nov 24 2015 7:53 AM
Indeed, but how to get the Khimo subscription is another issue I personally haven't been able to figure out!
Steven_London
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member

Hi,

I have remote access to my BLGW working without Khimo. Using my router I forwarded port 9100 to the BLGW (note it used to be port 9000 on the MLGW).

In the application on the iPhone, go to settings and Add fixed MLGW or BLGW, then enter the IP address or DDNS name of your router. At first it was a little unstable but it does stabilize and work. I have noticed that I often lose all zones when I make an amendment to the configuration but a refresh of the app (i.e. close it and kill it off and restart) will fix all issues.

Hope it works

Steven

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member

Hi,

thanks for your answers. Yesterday I tried to register at Khimo.com and yes, it worked. I filled out the "installer" form a got a prompt Invitation from the Khimo portal. Interestingly it is a subscription to a trial period (I don’t know how long the trial period is), but one can subscribe for one year at $ 119, which is pretty much for remote access to my gateway. One must say, that the Intention of the portal is not only gaining or granting remote access to home users, but more to give installers the ability to orchestrate a variety of customer gateways in one Portal, which might be worth the money.

I will give Stevens method a try today - if it works, that should do the Job.

Best regards

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
DocLeisure replied on Wed, Nov 25 2015 12:41 PM

Hello,

I just want to let you know that Stevens method did the trick.

You get BeoLink App access to the BLGW by forwarding port 9100 (or sign a Khimo.com account).

Thanks Steven.

Best regards

Doc Leisure

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Wed, Nov 25 2015 1:03 PM

Great work! Thanks for this!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS