Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

High pitched ringing noise from behind V1

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

contrebasse
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
contrebasse Posted: Sat, Dec 5 2015 9:18 AM

My V1 has this terrible high pitch noise coming from the top vent in the middle. Does any one know what could be causing this? it's quite a feint noise but very high pitched, can be really irritating sometimes espeicaly since the tv is only a month or so old.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 4:35 PM
contrebasse:

My V1 has this terrible high pitch noise coming from the top vent in the middle. Does any one know what could be causing this? it's quite a feint noise but very high pitched, can be really irritating sometimes espeicaly since the tv is only a month or so old.

I have a V1-40 that is about three years old now and it makes a slight noise from that place and it's mainly audible if I put my ear to the vents. It's not audible from the front and it's quite a weak noise. Your model might have a louder noise than mine.

The noise is uneven and I think it is the backlight power board that makes the noise.

V1 is not a segment dimming tv but the brightness differs in different light situations. The noise might be more audible when the backlight has to work in different amounts of power.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Sat, Dec 5 2015 6:16 PM

if it has a cooling fan fitted it might be that...

contrebasse
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Michael:
contrebasse:

I have a V1-40 that is about three years old now and it makes a slight noise from that place and it's mainly audible if I put my ear to the vents. It's not audible from the front and it's quite a weak noise. Your model might have a louder noise than mine.

The noise is uneven and I think it is the backlight power board that makes the noise.

V1 is not a segment dimming tv but the brightness differs in different light situations. The noise might be more audible when the backlight has to work in different amounts of power.

Thanks, I think that might be the reason. When I Turn the backlight to zero it makes it a lot quieter. I think my v1 might be a lot louder than normal. it's a very high frequency noise so i can hear it over most music unfortunately, at the moment I turned the screen off when listinening to music which helps but i can't do this when listing to tv programs. I wonder if it is an easy thing to get fixed?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS