Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoPlay H8 Software Update

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2015 10:28 PM
I did the latest sw update to the H8 this morning.

I did it via my MacBook and when I went to do the update it said to try again - the updater started and then stopped. Then the H8 wouldn't power on.

I thought I "bricked" the headphones as there were no lights etc however they worked passively which is how I use them most of the time.

The reason for my post is to help anyone else if this happens restart your PC and try the updater again which is what I did and then try the updater again and it works.

Update is better call quality and a new battery indicator next to the Bluetooth icon up the top

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder
YannChris replied on Sat, Dec 19 2015 8:29 AM

Hi Michael,

Do you know if Bluetooth connexion has been improved?

Kind regards,

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Sat, Dec 19 2015 11:23 AM

YannChris:

Hi Michael,

Do you know if Bluetooth connexion has been improved?

Kind regards,

Yann.

Hi Yann,

There was some discussion about this in a previous thread.

The general consensus seems to be that there is little or no improvement to the bluetooth dropout issues unfortunately.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
I will be the first to have the balls to state the obvious fact:

Beoplay H8 is a piece of *** product.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Hi Yann

The update has a new icon next to your bluetooth icon on your phone to tell you of the battery level.

River, was unable to see a separate thread on the software so i posted a new topic.  

Leo, balls or not :-) for some its crap for others ok - mines been ok.  I think anyone should have the courage to call out if a product is rubbish.  I wonder why the H7 came out so soon after the H8 - must be to address those issues people were having.  

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Sat, Dec 19 2015 9:53 PM

Aussie Michael:
River, was unable to see a separate thread on the software so i posted a new topic.  

That's cool - there wasn't a thread for this as such, just some discussion within the most recent two or three pages of the (very long!) 'Beoplay H8' thread: http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/13370.aspx

Aussie Michael:
Leo, balls or not :-) for some its crap for others ok - mines been ok.

Yeah, I'm one of those affected by the dropout issues but I still wouldn't go so far as to say it's a crap product. I'm generally happy with my H8s except for the drop outs (which I've learned to workaround by carrying my phone rather than putting it in my pocket on the rare occasions I use them outdoors), so for me it is a good product but with a serious flaw. I do understand though that for some this will make it a crap product.

I've got one of the first pairs shipped as I pre-ordered mine after they were announced and there are enough users out there who have reported no issues with dropouts for me to believe that not all units are affected by this issue.

Beocare were more than happy to replace my headphones at the time, and my dealer would obviously have been happy to do so also, but I held off going down this route at the time as there were numerous reports of the same issue and thus was no real guarantee that a new pair would be any different.

Given the problem has not been resolved by the recent firmware update, and given some time has now passed which will hopefully have allowed for any QC issues to be ironed out, I will be making arrangements with beocare to get my pair exchanged (I've just been really busy over the past few weeks so haven't had time to do this).

I will of course report back once I have a replacement pair.

Aussie Michael:
I wonder why the H7 came out so soon after the H8 - must be to address those issues people were having.

I'm not so sure - many have a strong preference for either on-ear or over-ear so it makes sense to have both available as bluetooth enabled products. I just wish they would release a version of the H7 that also had ANC as that would probably be my perfect headphone.

Kind regards,

Martin.

991fan
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Bronze Member
991fan replied on Sat, Dec 19 2015 10:24 PM

I had drop outs on mine for ages when using the MacBooks sometimes really bad, in the last few weeks they've been rock solid. The only thing that has changed has been software update on the Mac?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS