Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Twonky Server Setting (Media Receiver Type) for Essence

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

dreammer
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
dreammer Posted: Sun, Dec 20 2015 12:34 PM

Hi,

Can any kind soul tell me what are the correct setting for the media receiver type for Essence as well as the iPhone/iPad that is running the Beomusic app? For mine, Essence is auto selected as Bang & Olufsen EZ2 and the iPhone is Twonky NMC. 

The reason I am asking is whenever I restart the Essence, Qnap or network, after the Essence reconnect (I can assess Tunein and Deezer), the tracks in Beomusic app would be grey out, it takes a long time for the tracks to be selectable, some times I have to reset a lot of time for it to come back on again. I am running Twonky 8.2 and have about 30k tracks.  

Is this the problem of the Essence or the Beomuisc app? I am able to use Twonky to beam the tracks to Essence and it can be played even when the songs are grey out. I have also tried reinstalling Beomusic. 

Thank you.

YW

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Sun, Dec 20 2015 12:50 PM

I think this is the same issue that I have which I contacted BeoCare about.  A lot of times when I restart my system (my Mac mini) none of the songs from Twonky are avaiable in BeoMusic.  I was told that I first need to play something from Tunein and then the music from Twonky would be available.  It works for me!

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Sun, Dec 20 2015 12:51 PM

I think this is the same issue that I have which I contacted BeoCare about.  A lot of times when I restart my system (my Mac mini) none of the songs from Twonky are avaiable in BeoMusic.  I was told that I first need to play something from Tunein and then the music from Twonky would be available.  It works for me!

dreammer
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
dreammer replied on Sun, Dec 20 2015 1:34 PM

Hi Mark,

This some times works for me. But not always, was hoping to find a more robust solution. Thank you.

YW

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Sun, Dec 20 2015 1:40 PM

That was the solution I was given from BeoCare.  So far I've been lucky and it "opens up" my music library to me.  I still have many open isues with BeoMusic, I would send this problem to BeoCare and let them know that you use Tunein or something before Twonky.  I don't know if it is something as simple as a setting.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS