Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

new blgw software 1.4.0 and new beolink app

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy Posted: Tue, Mar 15 2016 8:46 PM

Changes in BLGW 1.4.0 since previous BLGW SW version 1.3.0:

New features

• Added automatic read out of sources from the products including borrowed sources and automatic selection of UI type for the BeoLink App
  • Introduction of BeoNetRemote commands to control the Network Link product adds more flexibility and easier programming when making macros
  • Improved Remote Access description and setup instructions to make it simpler to enable it.

Corrections and improvements 

• Fixed intermittent loss of NetworkLink product control in some large installations
  • Improvements to the NTP time server functionality
  • TV Webpanel: Button release was not handled properly
  • Philips Hue:
    • Added support for importing Philips Hue scenes
    • Added support for fade time using TIMED_SET
    • Fixed connection issue with Phillips Hue
  • NEST: Improved overall speed and stability 
  • Lutron HomeWorks QS: Fixed Shade Group controls
  • Added TekMar driver
  • Several minor corrections in UI and overall stability
  • Several error reports solved.

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Wed, Mar 16 2016 11:14 AM

I have installed the update and have the App

Looks good.

Phillips Hue is no longer reported as "RED" and you can import scenes from it which is perfect.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 357
Silver Member
Martin replied on Thu, Mar 17 2016 5:42 AM

Hi,

There is a bug in the new Updated Beolink App for Iphone. The MOTS botton dont work when you use beosound 5. I have reported this to B&O. I hope someone others at this site also can report this so they make a fix for this bug.

/Martin

NEW! Beovision Eclipse 65 2nd generation (G1) with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5 (for DLNA only),  Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K (2021 model). Beoremote HALO, 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Fri, Mar 25 2016 5:25 PM
Will it now be possible to get two-way control of the Moment from the Beolink app together with blgw? It says something about multiroom music in the app update notes.... I only have a MLGW so I cant try. But if this now is possible then I will change to an BLGW since it also could make timer events.
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Mar 25 2016 9:17 PM
Sure

You can see all of the files you have.

And search deezer.

I think it's exactly what you're talking about.
lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Fri, Mar 25 2016 10:11 PM
Sounds good. So no need to use the Beomusic app?
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sat, Mar 26 2016 12:54 AM
Example

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Sat, Mar 26 2016 6:26 AM
Thanks! Are you able to see/control this also in rooms with ML products?
lano
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Bronze Member
lano replied on Sat, Mar 26 2016 8:33 AM
Can you browse music (deezer) on an Essence mkii also or does it needs to be a moment?
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sat, Mar 26 2016 1:16 PM
You can see the ML products with Beolink App

You'll need the ml/nl to control of course.
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sat, Mar 26 2016 1:26 PM
Essence allows the browsing too.

Let me know if any more blgw questions.

One of the under marketed products in the portfolio IMO.
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
I love my Beolink Gateway

It's not used for much today's just to control a Phillips hue light when my moment receives commands from the essence remote

Next step is to add a global cache contact closure widget to control my curtain track via the gateway

After that the possibilities are endless really.

I would like to buy some good quality lighting controls that it can interface with but I'm not quite there yet I'm know how lutron works or how much the stuff costs

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sat, Mar 26 2016 6:14 PM
Lutron is what I chose.

Radiora2. It is expensive but if you like an automated home the possibilities are endless.

Don't forget to add an Amazon Alexa. Gives you voice control of the blgw.
lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Sun, Mar 27 2016 11:25 PM
Is it possible to create a blgw macro that start playing a specific playlist from the Moment?
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Mon, Mar 28 2016 12:21 AM
lonfred:

Is it possible to create a blgw macro that start playing a specific playlist from the Moment?

Nope

I've asked that question of BeoCare.

Hopefully coming soon.
lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Mon, Mar 28 2016 12:12 PM
I hope that too. Together with the timer event that feature should be really nice. Fore example play playlist "good Morning" in the mornings in bedroom 1 and 2 or play playlist "welcome home" in the whole house when you arrive to the home. I really hope that BO will make this thing to work.
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Mar 28 2016 1:55 PM

Seanie_230:
I love my Beolink Gateway

It's not used for much today's just to control a Phillips hue light when my moment receives commands from the essence remote

Next step is to add a global cache contact closure widget to control my curtain track via the gateway

After that the possibilities are endless really.

I would like to buy some good quality lighting controls that it can interface with but I'm not quite there yet I'm know how lutron works or how much the stuff costs

I use Lutron RadioRa 2 and absolutely love it. You need the main repeater as the "hub" and then just get the wall keypads to replace your existing light switch. Note that you need the keypads labeled as "hybrid" in order to control a connected light load. The keypads marked merely as "wall" do not control a connected light load. However, the "wall" keypads are great for replacing switches that have Philips Hue lights controlled by that switch. You just "hardwire" the load of the Hue light so that it bypasses the dimmer and is always powered on. Then, you have buttons that you can use to control anything through your BLGW -- not just Lutron functions but also Hue, B&O, and even your custom shades. You can often find the Lutron keypads and main repeater on eBay for half the price that you might pay to a dealer. You do need the windows software to program everything. Like the configuration software for the Beo6, this is not made readily available to the end user. You need to have connections and know someone to get the software. *wink*

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Mar 28 2016 2:00 PM

mjmedlo:
lonfred:

Nope

Hopefully coming soon.

I'm really surprised that playlists cannot be triggered for the Moment. I can do this easily with the BeoSound 5. With the BeoSound 5, it's easy to trigger N.Music playlists as well as favorite N.Radio stations and even Spotify playlists.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hello all

Today I deleted the moment from my BLGW and added it again as when I selected music it said no product available.

Now I can browse my music in multiple sources on the Beolink app.

Such a great improvement and also much quicker than the Beomusic App.

Over the moon with the update.

I ordered a Global Cache device to control my curtain track and the next step is Lutron for lights at home.

Every time they update this device it just gets better and better

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Mon, Mar 28 2016 4:02 PM
Seanie, are you also able to browse the Sources on the Moment from ML-rooms?How do you map the Moment sources on ML-products? Today I start the source on the moment with Beomusic app and then I change to Beolink app and start for example CD who is mapped to Music via BLC to Moment...
stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Mar 28 2016 4:03 PM

Martin:

Hi,

There is a bug in the new Updated Beolink App for Iphone. The MOTS botton dont work when you use beosound 5. I have reported this to B&O. I hope someone others at this site also can report this so they make a fix for this bug.

/Martin

Unfortunately the HOLD/RELEASE function doesn`t work anymore for the ipad version, for iphone it works...

Stefan

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

lonfred:
Seanie, are you also able to browse the Sources on the Moment from ML-rooms?How do you map the Moment sources on ML-products? Today I start the source on the moment with Beomusic app and then I change to Beolink app and start for example CD who is mapped to Music via BLC to Moment...

Hi there

Interesting question so I gave it a go.

I have selected Zone Master Bedroom and Music as the source.

I can browse the Deezer music and play in my bedroom on my V1

I have a BV7 with ML thats connected to the BLGW but i dont bother to share the audio sources with it as its almost in the same room as the Moment.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Mon, Mar 28 2016 7:23 PM
Thanks Seanie. I wunder if it will be possible to browse Moment music/Deezer also if the room product is ML based like a BV7. Maybe someone else here has tried that?
Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member

beojeff:

mjmedlo:
lonfred:

Nope

Hopefully coming soon.

I'm really surprised that playlists cannot be triggered for the Moment. I can do this easily with the BeoSound 5. With the BeoSound 5, it's easy to trigger N.Music playlists as well as favorite N.Radio stations and even Spotify playlists.

This is crazy if available on previous products. Having home automation play EXACTLY the music or station you want is surely quite a big deal!

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Tue, Mar 29 2016 2:14 AM
I believ you can start a music station.

But not a 'color' on the Moodwheel.

I don't use playlists as I prefer the randomness of the color wheel. You're not able to select a color... As there are too many I suspect.
Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member

mjmedlo:
I believ you can start a music station.

But not a 'color' on the Moodwheel.

I don't use playlists as I prefer the randomness of the color wheel. You're not able to select a color... As there are too many I suspect.

So it should be possible to pre-select a TuneIn station to play when woken by the BLGW?

It would be good to be able to select an area of the mood wheel though hey!

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Mar 29 2016 1:18 PM

It seems that the inability to pull up a specific playlist or radio station on the Moment is a shortcoming of the Moment and not the BLGW. With the BeoSound 5, you can use the Beo4 to pull up specific favorite playlists or songs by using the color or numeric buttons of the Beo4 as the favorites are assigned to specific color or numeric buttons on the BeoSound 5. I can't find similar control in the manual of the Moment. Any commands you can make with the Beo4 can be built into macros on the BLGW.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Tue, Mar 29 2016 2:01 PM
Correct.

I think this is a 'Moment' issue.

Not blgw. The commands on the blgw are tremendously more numerous than the mlgw.
beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Thu, Mar 31 2016 5:27 AM

in the help-file you can find this:

Systems - List of availables systems:

WeMo Coffee Maker (No help available)

the wemo system perhaps the next thing beside philips hue?

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

athos
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Bronze Member
athos replied on Thu, Mar 31 2016 10:01 AM

Hello,

Like the new update and app. Only see in the above picture, that at Deezer, also deezer radios and My favorite deezer Music (with sub categorys) are listed. In my app this is not the case. Only see Deezer Music with albums, Tracks and Artists. I am using the BLGW together with a Moment and a V1. Do I need to activate this somewhere?

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Thu, Mar 31 2016 8:54 PM

Hi,

Since the latest BeoLink app update I'm unable to switch between the sources of the Atlona matrix. I have 4 sources (AppleTV, Media Player and two sat decoders). When I select each of them via the app, it only opens the AppleTV. The other commands of the BeoLink app seem to work fine. I use the MLGW, which has not been updated since Oct. 2014.

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Thu, Mar 31 2016 9:23 PM

Unfortunately there are more bugs in the update.

As said before HOLD/RELEASE functions don't work, and Martin noticed that the MOTS button won't work.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (32 items) | RSS