Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Find a dealer

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Sun, Mar 27 2016 10:36 PM
Hello all

Can anyone recommend a Lutron Dealer who can help me on my quest to start changing little bits at home at a time.

I think the RadioRA2 or homeworks would be perfect but I think The RA2 can be retro fit and taken with me when I move one day:

Any recommendations?

Cheers all

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Mon, Mar 28 2016 12:19 AM
Seanie_230:

Hello all

Can anyone recommend a Lutron Dealer who can help me on my quest to start changing little bits at home at a time.

I think the RadioRA2 or homeworks would be perfect but I think The RA2 can be retro fit and taken with me when I move one day:

Any recommendations?

Cheers all BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

Where are you located?
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Milton keynes

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

This is proving to be very difficult to find a UK dealer who will sell me the kit and work with me on this - well outside of London that it.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Found two in Oxford which is about 20 miles from me but still better than London.

The guy I have spoken to also knows B&O so that also a result

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Mar 29 2016 12:54 PM

As dealers make their profit from doing custom installations, it seems that they are usually unwilling to just sell the products to the end user and supply the programming software. This is a relic of the old days of home automation when people relied on the dealer for installations -- which could be quite expensive. Installing and programming RadioRa 2 is really quite simple.

You can usually find what you need on eBay much faster and cheaper than from a dealer. The lead times can be very long -- especially for any color other than white. Something good to know is that all of the keypads come with an engraving certificate that can be redeemed for a custom engraving. When you send off for the custom engraving, you can select the color of the buttons Therefore, it really doesn't matter what color you start with -- you can change that color for free. The engraved buttons usually take only a couple of weeks. This is much faster than initially ordering that keypad in the custom color.

If you do order form a dealer, be sure to negotiate with him that you want a copy of the programming software (without the dealer password-protecting the software). Otherwise, you would be at the mercy of the dealer for any additions or changes you would make later -- and you would likely be charged for those changes.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS