Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New portable Beoplay A1

rated by 0 users
This post has 499 Replies | 4 Followers

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Fri, Apr 22 2016 7:05 PM

Chris Hassell:
I just got to handle one at my dealer - it's very very sexy!

That's a point. All this talk of young buyers taking to the A1 is all very well but not many of them will venture into a Beostore or look at the website. Brand awareness is not that great and when sold at other shops B&O won't be understood as anything but considerably more expensive. Shame as I love the A1 and I'm sure my children will !

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Apr 22 2016 7:41 PM
kuyttendaele:

Ordered one (natural alu)... Delivery: 5th May :-). It's Mothers Day on the 8th May in Belgium... someone is't going to be happy that there's music again in the bathroom :-)

Not happy !

Maybe it's the accompanying singer's voice ?

True in our household

Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
plumber77 replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 7:57 AM

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 8:35 AM

How does it sound?

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
paolomariano:

Wow, almost 200 posts in a few days!! What is sure is that this product is making people react a lot!!

I thought the same
plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
plumber77 replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 11:52 AM

Superb. I prefer it to the a2 

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
plumber77 replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 11:53 AM

Sorry I don't know why it posted my reply numerous times

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
plumber77:

Sorry I don't know why it posted my reply numerous times

Dodgy A1 marketing tactics from B&O - they've hacked Beoworld to repeat anything positive Big Smile

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Beoberg
Top 500 Contributor
Odense, Denmark
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beoberg replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 12:38 PM

Heard it today at my local dealer but I did not find the sound that impressive. It was okay, but it felt tinny and flat to me Unsure It did go loud, though. Hmm... I am not sure what to think. I was hoping to swap my Bose SoundLink Mini for this one. I thought it was a nobrainer but now I am in doubt. Files were streamed in FLAC via Bluetooth.

BeoVision Eclipse 55, BeoPlay S8 (sub+rears), BeoPlay A9 MKII (living room), BeoVision Avant 32 DVD (retro gaming, basement), BeoLab 4000 (entertainment room, basement), BeoSound 8 (workshop), 2x BeoPlay S3 (PC), BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay H2/H3 (on the go)

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 12:45 PM

Hi Beoberg,

Did you have the opportunity to test it with the sound setting available on the BeoPlay app?

Beoberg
Top 500 Contributor
Odense, Denmark
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beoberg replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 12:57 PM

Hi Paul. I only tested it with Bluetooth and n7player (FLAC player) for Android. I will be sure to test it with the BeoPLay App next time around. Equalizer settings can have a big influence on the sound.

BeoVision Eclipse 55, BeoPlay S8 (sub+rears), BeoPlay A9 MKII (living room), BeoVision Avant 32 DVD (retro gaming, basement), BeoLab 4000 (entertainment room, basement), BeoSound 8 (workshop), 2x BeoPlay S3 (PC), BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay H2/H3 (on the go)

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 1:04 PM

Hi Beoberg,

Most definitely - they are truly essential as everyone has their own sound taste. That's why I never got on with my A8 - for me it was too flat/mid range sounding. 

I think the app will bring the A1 to life :)

oluv
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
oluv replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 1:23 PM

I was allowed to record a short video of the Beoplay A1 yesterday, I had my JBL Charge 3 with me (not officially released yet) and I think the A1 did a  better job, being considerably smaller, but it is also 100$ more expensive, still I think it is in a class of its own.

I am wearing binaural microphones, so if you listen to this video with a pair of Beoplay H6 you should get a very realistic impression of how it sounds in real-life, the H6 are perfect for this as I am using them for all my monitoring.

Unfortunately acoustics was pretty bad in the shop, I hope I can do another more detailed video when I get my own unit.

https://youtu.be/AD8_7GCuywI

http://switcher.oluvsgadgets.net/

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 3:09 PM

Brilliant video Oluv!

Also shows how brilliant the JBL is given its incredible low price! The A1 wins for its design though doesn't it. Very clever dispersion of sound from it too!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Paul W:

Hi Beoberg,

Did you have the opportunity to test it with the sound setting available on the BeoPlay app?

Of course you can hear the difference/s.

Everyone will be free to pick his favourite (or favourite for a special moment or piece of music).

Personally I pick none - I am a 'flat guy'.

Please also notice the making of video:

http://youtu.be/bMdX7LdTjZU

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Nice video, Oluv - thanks!

MM

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 4:46 PM

The making of video is brilliant MM. I posted it a few posts back too. Really nice seeing the human faces behind it. It reminded me of my time at art school before university - great times :)

Beoradio
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 102
Bronze Member
Beoradio replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 7:38 PM

I picked up mine today at my local B&O dealer.

After using the A1 for almost 3 hours, I can only agree 100% with you, Millemissen.

Very impressive sound !

I like it very much.

Well done B&O.

Rudy

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 8:23 PM

Nice photo Rudy! 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Paul W:

The making of video is brilliant MM. I posted it a few posts back too. Really nice seeing the human faces behind it. It reminded me of my time at art school before university - great times :)

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I like that they use real people and no filter.  

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 9:51 PM

So true Michael! I love the website - great to see people in it. The promotional video is great too. I like the dude and his Grandad but I don't understand the part were the young lady is fighting with her boyfriend - that's not so nice to see.   The B&O creative team have worked so hard and it's paid off as the reviews coming in are truly excellent - they are even liking the app! This little A1 has generated so much interest on this forum too - from the positive posts, it's created more excitement than the BL90!

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 10:04 PM

Paul W:

So true Michael! I love the website - great to see people in it. The promotional video is great too. I like the dude and his Grandad but I don't understand the part were the young lady is fighting with her boyfriend - that's not so nice to see.   The B&O creative team have worked so hard and it's paid off as the reviews coming in are truly excellent - they are even liking the app! This little A1 has generated so much interest on this forum too - from the positive posts, it's created more excitement than the BL90!

So what colour did you get Paul?

I was tempted to get one for my wife as a wedding anniversary gift . Not that we need any more speakers.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 10:20 PM
My daughter wants a pink one !
Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 10:21 PM

Hi Simon,

I'm going for the aluminium natural but i'd LOVE a black copper one!!! Will be interesting to see if customer spray jobs on them become available from third parties :)

Haha, yes you do have a lot of speakers - I'd really use the A1 as I seem to listen to the most music in the bathroom or kitchen. Just seen some beautiful press photos of it on Designboom.com.

I'm sure that you appreciated the video showing Celise at work etc. 

PS Have you heard of the wonderful illustrator Jason Brooks? He has a Century in his home art studio :)

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 10:24 PM

BeoGreg a rose gold one would be nice. I'm tempted to buy my Auntie one for her birthday to go with the iPhone I bought her last year.

Hopefully the students will love the A1 ready for university in September. I'd of loved something like this when I was a student. 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

I would like the green rubberised bottom (???) with rose gold aluminium up top. 

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 11:45 PM

That sounds cool Michael. Makes sense as apparently, rose gold is the fastest selling of the iPhone range hence why it's been introduced to iPad and this week the really great MacBook Retina.

I sincerely wish B&O the best with the A1. Hopefully this will be the key product that gets them the brand awareness that they deserve. Let's hope the new Play TV is just as innovative design wise :)

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Sun, Apr 24 2016 10:17 AM
The Beolit 15 color scheme would be nice (rosa, blue...).

Same materials than A1 unkike A2 that have plastic grills.
koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Apr 24 2016 12:56 PM

For outdoor use you better can have a plastic grill.

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Sun, Apr 24 2016 1:23 PM
BeoGreg:

The Beolit 15 color scheme would be nice (rosa, blue...).

Agree

Don't understand the marketing from Bang & Olufsen. Confused

The new baby A1 should be launched with colorfull portfolio.

Really shame. No - thumbs down Bad marketing.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Apr 24 2016 1:56 PM

So true BeoBoy but, we'll probably see new colours introduced over the next few months.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

If anyone find a suitable case for the A1 (for transport), feel free to post it here!

I had a look at different headphone cases - they are either all too big or too small.

MM

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68:

Agree

Don't understand the marketing from Bang & Olufsen.

Really shame. Bad marketing.

Agreed. Just ordered a silver one to be sureYes - thumbs up

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Apr 25 2016 3:42 PM

BeoBoy68:

Really shame. No - thumbs down Bad marketing.

I would not call it "bad marketing". Its better to not sell all colors at the same time. Its better (as they have done with A2) to launch a new color once in a while (related to e.g seasons, celebrations etc). That keep the interest going.

Think they did an awesome job with the A1 site and movie.

The two launched colors sure was enough to create an interest on this site, and elsewhere Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Page 6 of 13 (500 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS