Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Need a new mobile phone

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Sun, Apr 24 2016 7:39 PM

I need a new mobile phone, looking at Samsung S7 or S7 edge, took a look at LG G4 as well but went back to the Samsungs, good advises appreciated

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Apr 24 2016 8:05 PM

If you don't want an iPhone / iOS, then the Samsung's are superb. I must admit to being impressed with friend's S6 Galaxy's last year. The OLED screen was beautiful & the camera outstanding. Another friend of mine has a HTC and it's beautifully designed. Not sure what Apple is doing these days as there's so many rumours of the iPhone 8 for nothing for the iPhone 7. A very saturated market. 

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

As I also was thinking of a new camera, I think the s7 is a a good combination, I am afraid the edge will give me trouble with my big clumsy fingers, I went looking for a new digital shirt pocket camera, but almost nothing there today, where as phones with good cameras are all over 

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Apr 24 2016 9:06 PM

Yes, phones have taken a huge slice from the lower end of the camera market. Of course there are nothing like a DSLR however, DSLR's whilst being incredible are also clumsy to carry around. There is a saying that the best camera is the one that you have with you to take that shot! I had a beautiful Nikon at one of my radio stations - amazing as it was - I wasn't happy carrying it around the big city with me. On another note the Leica C small cameras are great along with the Panasonics. I guess at first, see what you think of the S7's camera. If anything, it is indoors were a phones camera slips up.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I have just swapped my 6s Plus for an S7 edge. And it is better in ever way.

Whenever I've gone across to Android I've always gone back to IOS disappointed. Android 6.1 Marshmallow is easily equal to IOS.

The S7 edge has the same screen as a 6s plus, but is is a far better screen. The whole phone is lighter, and small enough to use use single handed. Even though it's battery is bigger!

The camera drops to 12 megapixels, but they are bigger megapixels and are excellent in the dusk etc.

It's waterproof and has expandable memory.

The edge actually has a white tab on it. If you swipe the tab your ten favourite apps can appear, and swipe again your top ten contacts. All programmable and very useful.

Demo pics

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Mon, Apr 25 2016 9:43 PM

https://www.punkt.ch/en/products/mp01-mobile-phone/

still like this one.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Apr 25 2016 10:19 PM

My gosh Chris these phones cameras are getting pretty excellent aren't they! Sore, are you impressed?

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Simonbeo:

https://www.punkt.ch/en/products/mp01-mobile-phone/

still like this one.

I understand you, Simon, I have a Samsung Rugby flip phone (4 years and still going strong), but my clients always want me to connect to whatsup and waze so they can get in contact easily and send me descriptions and roadmaps and things like that, so I am now going for the best I can get, a hard workers phone is nowhere to be found today, which means that I will have to buy a phone thats fragile, and then get a bulky cover for it, and then have to live with it.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
I have just swapped my 6s Plus for an S7 edge. And it is better in ever way.

Thanks Chris, impressed by the pics, my S7 will be here tomorrow, the edge has some more features and a bigger battery than the S7, but the size and the same camera as the edge made me choose the S7, I will have to get used to it, which probably will take me a couple of weeks. I am not to interested in internet whatsup and whatever they call it, but friends and clients insist on that I have to be up to date (the FS also), My mails I read when I am home after work or in the morning before work, while working I dont want interruptions but as luck will the S7 has an off button.

Thanks for your posts most appreciated

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Arrived today, good phone it even takes photos of itself

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS