Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 3 & Floor stand (2165)

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

kammeri
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
kammeri Posted: Sat, Jul 21 2012 6:58 PM

Gentlemen,

I am trying to help a friend via phone how to dismantle his BL3's from the stand aswell as removing the bottom plate from the tube. I found the manual for the BL3 but it does not state anything regarding the stand. Any suggestions how to remove the stand and the bottom plate?

Kind regards!

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member

As far as i recall the earlier stand poles did not have a screw thread and could not be detached fromthe bases, unlike later models.

kammeri
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
kammeri replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 12:45 PM

KingOfSnake:

As far as i recall the earlier stand poles did not have a screw thread and could not be detached fromthe bases, unlike later models.

Okay, in the BL3 Service Manual the tube appears to be detached from the bottom plate. However there don't appear to be any screws for fastening. Is it possible that the tubes are merely plugged into the bottom plate? Or are the tubes perhaps threaded?

The issue is transportation. Is it safe to lay the speaker+stand combination down for transportation without damaging the bottom cover plate? (Tugged in, of course.) If so, there is no need to dismantle them.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 3:58 PM

Yes, the base unscrews from the pole.

Once it's originally fitted though, it's almost impossible to unscrew.  However, a bit of freeze spray will do the trick.

Hope this helps!

Lee

kammeri
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
kammeri replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 10:49 PM

9 LEE:

Yes, the base unscrews from the pole.

Once it's originally fitted though, it's almost impossible to unscrew.  However, a bit of freeze spray will do the trick.

Hope this helps!

Lee

Indeed it does! Thank you for your help gentlemen, good advice is always appreciated!

jonnyb
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Bronze Member
jonnyb replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 8:37 PM

Major thread resurrection!

I have got this problem. I’ve sold my Beolab 3 Stands but I cannot disassemble them to get them in the B&O packaging that I’ve been sent. The poles seem extremely rigidly attached to the bases. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned there are early models that don’t disassemble. I’m thinking I got this early model (they were bought in 2006)

Can anyone confirm this? It really looks and feels like the poles aren’t detachable  

thanks!

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Nov 9 2017 1:43 AM

I can confirm that there are/were BeoLab 3 stands with the bases permanently attached to he posts. I owned a pair.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Nov 9 2017 7:46 PM

Sal:

I can confirm that there are/were BeoLab 3 stands with the bases permanently attached to he posts. I owned a pair.

I've never, ever heard of that.  All packaging, from day one, had spaces for the poles and bases separately.

Freeze spray is the way to get these apart. They can be absolute swines, but this is way I've been able to disassemble even the most stubborn ones.

Lee

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS