Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Active speakers from other brands

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 248
Bronze Member
Newbie Posted: Sun, May 8 2016 9:30 PM
I would like to know if someone could recomend some active speakers from an other brand, not B&O.

Should have the same power like a Beolab 9 or Beolab 5.

I hope you can give me some suggestions because I would like to try something different ;-)

Kind regards, newbie

Beovision 12-65 NG, Beosystem 4, Beolab 7.2, Beolab 6000, Beolab 5, Beolab 4000, Playmaker, Beogram 5005, Beo4, Beo5, Beovision 7-32 MK3 (2x), Beovision 4.42, Beosystem 2 HD, Beolab 7.1, Beolab 7.4, Beovision 10-32, Beovision 6-26, Beosound Moment, Beosound 2300, Beosound Ouverture, Beogram TX2, Beogram 2404, Beomaster 3002, Beovox CX 75, Beovox CX 100, ibundo, Keyring.......

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

Odd question on a Bang & Olufsen enthusiasts website but good luck with replies. I haven't tried other brands as they don't appeal to me in the same way B&O do so I can't offer any helpful suggestions. Perhaps someone can?

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Tue, May 10 2016 9:27 AM

Either it is a troll... or a very badly asked (bold) question!

Let's forget the first hypothesis and concentrate on what we want this forum to be. Is this forum an open minded one, with objective opinions?

If this is the case, we may be interested in what other brands are proposing, and asked ourself if it is better (or not) than what B&O does... It's a way to say, "hey B&O, this is what we want!"

BeoBoy68 often act this way (awkwardly?) and this isn't very well perceived, as much as I can see...

NB : keep in mind that the BL5 is not a "simple" active speaker and should be considered more as a "system". If you want to compare to something else, get an active 4 ways speaker, a DAC, a bass management system, all the cables and connectors, plus all the knowledge to make all this stuff works perfectly together...

Speaking only about power is a nonsense to my opinion. The ease of use is also a part of the equation, as is the number of component of the whole system. For example, can a pair of BL5 be compared to a group of 4 or 6 or 8 Devialet Phantoms?

Now back to the question, what are the known competitors of the BL9/5, if any Wink

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member
markiedee replied on Tue, May 10 2016 10:22 AM

I love bang-olufsen and are my favourite brand for audiovisual in looks and sound. Not trolling but their are other brands that make active speakers to.

Such as linn audio and meridian they make powerful speakers to.

Beoplay A2

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Newbie:
I would like to know if someone could recomend some active speakers from an other brand, not B&O.

I hope you can give me some suggestions because I would like to try something different ;-)

Kind regards, newbie

Have a look at Meridians DSP range.

DSP5200 - £7000

DSP7200 - £19500

DSP8000 - £35000

Knock your self out over them. Hope it is what you really want

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Newbie:

Kind regards, newbie

Have a look at Meridians DSP range.

DSP5200 - £7000

DSP7200 - £19500

DSP8000 - £35000

Knock your self out over them. Hope it is what you really want

Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Bronze Member
Sibbi replied on Tue, May 10 2016 11:57 AM

There are many to choose from. For me none has the allround appeal of the beolabs. To name a few There are Genelecs wich are quite good but look like studio speakers, Dynaudio has a range of active speakers, Dali make active versions of some of there cheaper speakers. Meridian has been mentioned. Best I have hear were from huge PMC speakers driven by Bryston amps,(active but not inbuild)  but i would not want them in my living room.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, May 10 2016 12:19 PM

Thread moved.
Please keep discussions in the General forum section about B&O products or B&O in general.

I agree, that the threads relevance here on Beoworld could be questioned.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS