Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Are you missing the Beosound 8?

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen Posted: Sat, Jun 4 2016 11:27 AM

Are you missing the Beosound 8? Don't worry - the Chinese are here to help you... Wink
Now you can get a BS 8 replica. With a sound quality as low as its price... And with 2 x 5W power...WOW.

A must-have... Or maybe not..! Whistle

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Without dock - no thanks ;-(((((

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sat, Jun 4 2016 12:20 PM

Believe me - you wouldn't want it even if it had a dock... Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I do believe you - I have my A1, if I should need something smallish.

Did you try it?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sat, Jun 4 2016 4:43 PM

Yes - I've tried it in the store. The sound is crap. But at a Price of 169,95 DK Kr, (23€) you cannot expect miracles... 

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Jun 4 2016 6:38 PM

just forward this to B&O and let them sue this company for producing that crap and ruining B&Os reputation.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Jun 4 2016 8:28 PM

It's made in China TWG you silly boy. They copy everything in China. PS I had a A8 and it wasn't the best in sound quality sadly. Very very dull sounding. Not one of Geoff's best. I just couldn't get on with its lifeless, boxy mid sound. In fact, it was horrible really really horrible. 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Jun 4 2016 10:06 PM

Paul W:

It's made in China TWG you silly boy. They copy everything in China. PS I had a A8 and it wasn't the best in sound quality sadly. Very very dull sounding. Not one of Geoff's best. I just couldn't get on with its lifeless, boxy mid sound. In fact, it was horrible really really horrible. 

If you think the A8 is "very dull" I think you've been cleaning your ears with ice picks instead of cotton swabs.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Sat, Jun 4 2016 11:04 PM

Paul W:

The S8 that I own has a tremendous output for its size. I don't recognise your description Paul, assuming the S8 and A8 are technically more or less identical. You obviously have your own agenda ......... does it relate to your Century doors failing many years ago?

Graham

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

TWG:

just forward this to B&O and let them sue this company for producing that crap and ruining B&Os reputation.

The car companies tried the same tactic and failed. Says a lot about the country of origin. 

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Jun 5 2016 7:13 AM

Aussie Michael:

TWG:

The car companies tried the same tactic and failed. Says a lot about the country of origin. 

I know, Land Rover asked the chinese government to help because those silly companies copy their car design but the government doesn't want to help!
After living a few months in that country I simply hate that disrespecting mindset.

@Paul W: I know that it's made in China, so B&O doesn't have to wonder and there's no need of insulting me. Wink
But I can not agree about the sound quality coming out of it. For its size it was/is really good and I think Geoff did a very good job on this one! Big Smile

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

TWG:

Aussie Michael:

TWG:

I know, Land Rover asked the chinese government to help because those silly companies copy their car design but the government doesn't want to help!
After living a few months in that country I simply hate that disrespecting mindset.

@Paul W: I know that it's made in China, so B&O doesn't have to wonder and there's no need of insulting me. Wink
But I can not agree about the sound quality coming out of it. For its size it was/is really good and I think Geoff did a very good job on this one! Big Smile

And many other car companies - from what i recall reading there is no such thing as piracy laws there.  

I also dont agree with the comments about the BS8, Paul, i thought i remember reading you liked it, maybe that has changed.  I thought the sound quality was good and when i hooked it up with the mac via USB, it was also good.  I remember on ipad 1 there were 3 extra special settings when you had it docked for the sound quality: the build quality was great and i liked the sound.  The only reason i got rid of it was because my device was no longer 30 pin and you couldnt change it and newer devices were coming with airplay

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Jun 5 2016 6:43 PM

Michael, if you pay attention to his posts Paul seems to suffer from BeoBiPolar Disorder. It seems his posts oscillate between either B&O is the coolest, most hip thing on the planet to being absolute garbage, overpriced, and made in China junk just so, gasp, B&O can make a profit (aka be greedy). All I know is his posted experiences with things like the Century and the A8 seem to be opposite to everyone else's experience, including mine. At times his posts are so contrary to what I've observed I wonder if he's actually ever owned any B&O!

Jeff

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Sun, Jun 5 2016 8:02 PM
As I'm sure I've posted before I use my BS8 with a 30 pin iPad 2 which is dedicated to Spotify these days and still going strong. Docked on the BS5 it looks fab. Everyone who has heard it has been impressed with the sound. Just been playing some old soul stuff and it was immense.
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Jun 5 2016 10:53 PM

Duels:
As I'm sure I've posted before I use my BS8 with a 30 pin iPad 2 which is dedicated to Spotify these days and still going strong. Docked on the BS5 it looks fab. Everyone who has heard it has been impressed with the sound. Just been playing some old soul stuff and it was immense.

That's the same way I use my A3, dedicated to Spotify, acting as a remote for my iTunes PC, or running Netflix. With an old iPad 2 in it.

Jeff

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS