Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

DVD1 (and Beocord VHS) - can they be operated by remote control without a B&O TV ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Bruce
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Bruce Posted: Fri, Jun 10 2016 8:41 AM

Hi, I recently bought a DVD1, it works but is only usable with the buttons on the device itself. I do not have an B&O TV, I have a Samsung, connect via SCART cable.

Right now I only have a Beolink 1000 remote which is tested OK, but the DVD1 does not seem to respond to it (I tried Shift+Sat). Does the DVD1 actually have a built-in remote control receiver or does it only communicate with B&O TVs ? Same question goes for the Beocord VHS players as I was thinking about buying one of those as well. Or will they work with a Beo4 remote ?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Jun 10 2016 10:21 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately you do need to connect to a B&O TV in order to get remote control, whereupon any of the usual B&O remotes (BL1000 or Beo4) will work both DVD1 and VHS players.

The V8000 VHS player does have an internal IR sensor, but that is for use in service mode with a range of just 20cm!

I use my DVD1s and V8000s with second hand BV6-26 and BV6-23, with good results.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Fri, Jun 10 2016 10:21 AM

Only the few buttons on the front will work.

Remote control works with the so called Datalink communication via scart, connected with a Beovision.

Direct infrared remote control is not possible.

Bruce
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Bruce replied on Fri, Jun 10 2016 5:10 PM

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I'm not sure about buying an extra TV right now, enough other projects at the moment Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS