Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Problem with door cords on a Beocenter 9500 (also applies to 9000 and 9300)

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg Posted: Tue, Jul 24 2012 7:27 PM

I just got a used 9500 and I'm getting it back in operation. I have cleaned the tracks for the sliders and lubricated all of the moving parts with silicone spray. The tape door had an issue where the cord would wind over itself, and after some fiddling it starting rolling on and off the brass spindle properly. Now I'm having the same problem with the cd door as I'm getting it to work. One of the idler pulleys next to the brass spindle has about 1 mm of play on the shaft. At about two thirds open, on the closing cycle, the "incoming" cord winds under the "outgoing" cord and it binds.  The cords are fairly black at this point, and I did get some silicone spray on them. 

Does anyone have a fix for this? Does anyone have a source for the cords?

chti59
Top 500 Contributor
France
Posts 149
Bronze Member
chti59 replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 8:48 PM

I have the same cord problem, on the long shaft (they are not in brass on mine) they are crossing over each other at some point of the panel travel.

I opened the unit for a broken cord on the CD side, no need to look for cords, as a replacement I just took some nylon sewing cord from my wife, it works perfectly. Any color will do ;o) , almost forgot the cord has to be +/- 50 cm as stated in the service manual.

They are so strong, it is impossible to brake with your hands but I cannot tell you what it does in the B&O on the long term as I just did it today. But I am pretty shure it will last.

Otherwise I am like you stuck with the cord problem on the tape Deck side.

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 4:50 AM

Thanks. The problem seems to have corrected itself once the spray lube I used dried out.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS