Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 7-40 Mk4 - red blurrs - LCD panel maybe?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 376
Bronze Member
Rob - Danish AV Posted: Tue, Jun 28 2016 3:26 AM

Hi guys,

I obtained a Beovision 7-40 Mk4 quite a while ago and its had an issue i have not got around to fixing.

The LCD panel displays picture fairly well, but there is a red blur that is on the screen, its not in a fixed location, it moves with the picture and there can be more red depending on image displayed

I'm not sure if this is a common issue? or if the issue is relating to the LCD panel or a PCB. if it could be the panel, does anyone know which televisions used the same panel, i think it is a Samsung Panel?

if i could find the same samsung tv, i'm sure it would be cheap enough to sacrifice to use the LCD in the BV7

If anyone has any hints/tips let me know. apparently parts are no longer supplied by B&O for this.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Jun 28 2016 6:49 PM

If you've definitely got a Mk4 and you have the red hue it's 99.99% the panel.  I've had a few go on me - all Mk4's.

No spare panels left - and I've not heard of anyone dropping a generic Samsung in there....  For a little while B&O were giving BV10 panels which could be fitted with a little jiggery-pokery, but this stopped when the BV11 came out.

Lee

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 376
Bronze Member

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the response,

I have a spare mk3 panel i could use as a donor, but then again not sure if they are compatible?

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Jun 28 2016 11:20 PM

Different refresh rate sadly, so no - it won't work. The chassis and panel will be at odds with each other as the BV7-40 Mk3 is 50hz (60hz with a software update) and the BV7-40 Mk4 is 100hz.. They won't 'talk' to each other properly. Sad

Lee

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 376
Bronze Member

Thanks Lee,

at least i know now..Smile

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Jun 28 2016 11:31 PM

Such a shame...

On the plus side you can (I'm pretty sure) take the Blu-Ray drive out of the Mk4 and fit it into a Mk3. I think it involves a SW update to the Mk3, but at least you can take a positive from the busted Mk4....

Lee

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS