Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 6000 Volume Problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Sean Z
Not Ranked
Central Florida
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Sean Z Posted: Sun, Jul 3 2016 10:40 PM

Hello,

I've been fascinated with BO since my father purchased his original 2400 system many years ago.  I found a nice 2400 4 years ago and I've set it up as my office stereo and computer speaker system.  

I recently had a lightning strike that seemed to fry my old Beomaster 2400.  It came up through my cable line and destroyed everything hooked up to my wired network.   The beomaster was connected to my computer with a 3.5 cord.   Before attempting to trouble shoot it, I decided to upgrade to a Beomaster 6000 system.  It gives me more power which I needed and a better set of inputs.

The Beomaster 6000 I purchased looks to be in great shape and all functions seem to work but there is a problem with the volume.  Anytime I try to change the volume up or down it automatically starts going down and the motor won't stop even once it hits zero.  I can make the volume go up by it immediately goes back down again as soon as I release the button.  The preset buttons work (as does the preset slider) but it won't go above 30+/- even with those.  All I can really do it leave it at a lower preset and control volume from my computer (which I'm using as the main input).

From what I have been reading it sounds like the belt may be bad.  Are replacement belts available?  I found a site that specifies a specific O-ring type and size but before going that route I'd like to see if correct belts are available.

Beyond that, does the issue sound like it may be caused by any other problem beyond the belt?  I'm fairly handy and can manage simple repairs but anything electrically complex and I'd feel better sending it out.  

I know I'd be better off with a nice set of computer speakers but I love the sound and looks of the vintage B&O systems so I really want to get this one humming correctly.  Any information and help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Jul 4 2016 1:20 PM

Hello and welcome to Beoworld! Smile

As regards the Beomaster 6000, yes the belt is the usual suspect. Our very own Martin - aka Dillen - can supply the belt with fitting instructions. 

Jacques

Sean Z
Not Ranked
Central Florida
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Sean Z replied on Tue, Jul 5 2016 6:25 PM

I'm in contact with him now.  Thank you very much for the help.  I had read several of his previous threads but was unsure if he still had parts for this model.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS