Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 3000 cue issues

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice Posted: Fri, Aug 5 2016 11:28 PM

Hi guys i am currently attempting to reserect a tangental BG3000 which has the following issue relating to the cueing of the tonearm. I can select play the tone arm goes to the start of the track lowers and has output on both channels, the problem is the tone arm motor appears to electrically disconnect at that point. The stylus arm then follows the record grove gradually increasing the angle between both the arms. I can cue <--- & --->  and the tone arm responds as it should eg raising and then travelling as requried. If i cue the stylus to the end of the last track the stylus  will follow leadout track but will not then return to rest position. This fault is for both singles and lp. Any help please

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

Check the bulb and output from the light sensitive resistor situated in the rear portion of the arm carriage.

These two components control the servo motor which is not working as it should.

In my time, I have had to replace both bulbs and light sensitive cells.

Regards Graham

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Sat, Aug 6 2016 11:57 PM

Hi Graham

thanks very much for your reply, i know the bulb is iluminating ok but exscuse my ignorance how do i test the light sensitive cell and can they be obtained if it is faulty?

regards Maurice

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Sun, Aug 7 2016 12:08 PM

HI Graham

just don a very close inspection of the face of the LDR and it looks like the whole surface " fingers" hav all but fragmented under the clear coating. So one is on its way via ebay. I will keep you updated kind regards Maurice

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

If it is any help, I used to buy them from Maplin Electronics in the UK

Regards Graham

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 7:52 AM

HI Graham

Yay! Its now working, i done a very slight adjustment to obtain the paralell consistancy between he tone arm and th speed indicator arm mnd its running great, now all i have to do is sort out the lack of a lh channel, can i ask have you evet disassembled a tan tone arm ?

ragards Mauice

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS