Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Here is a review on the Samsung 4k Player.

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 Posted: Mon, Aug 8 2016 10:47 AM

You can find the review on the player here.

It would be great to hear what you think of it?

http://www.insideci.co.uk/reviews/samsung-ubd-k8500-4k-blu-ray-player-review.aspx

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Thanks for the post. Nice review.

I agree those metal feet aren't the best. I put stickem felts on
Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Aug 8 2016 1:09 PM

I appreciate that it's £200 cheaper than the Panasonic but boy, that Samsung looks horribly cheap and nasty! I can't imagine that it's got a high quality drive mechanism. Almost throw away technology there. It's horrible. No excuse from a rich company like Samsung. To me, this is real false economy. I wonder how long before it starts sticking on disc playback or jumping! Plastic designs like this are never pleasant experiences when it comes to physical playback mediums. 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Aug 8 2016 4:25 PM

Oppo is expected to introduce their 4K player this fall or winter. Oppo has been the blu-ray player recommended by B&O. They make rock-solid products. I've been waiting for this before upgrading to a 4K TV. This might coincide well with the new B&O TVs that are coming out.

It's a shame that a certain moderator is likely to move this thread out of the "General" forum. In my opinion, threads like these are quite relevant to the use of our B&O products and as such are useful to all BeoWorld members.

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Mon, Aug 8 2016 6:20 PM
If I was to get a 4K player it would be the Panasonic or the Oppo or even a ps4. But the Panasonic is so much better than the Samdung but the Oppo will be good depends how much?
jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 129
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Mon, Aug 8 2016 10:51 PM

The Samsung is a good 4K player and for sure a good intermediate for the time beeing. I have for years Oppo 103 & 103D but this time they are a little bit late to bring out there 4K player.

The Oppo 4K player wil be proberly almost end of the year......

For now I keep the Samsung and the quality is good on the avant 85.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Aug 9 2016 12:06 AM

As I suspected, this informative thread very quickly got moved out of the General Forum. If I had not seen it fast enough while it was in the General Forum, I would never have seen it. Threads like this are very relevant to B&O and getting the most out of our B&O products. The moderators need to exercise some restraint.

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Tue, Aug 9 2016 1:39 AM
beojeff:

As I suspected, this informative thread very quickly got moved out of the General Forum. If I had not seen it fast enough while it was in the General Forum, I would never have seen it. Threads like this are very relevant to B&O and getting the most out of our B&O products. The moderators need to exercise some restraint.

Just taken me a while to refind it!
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
beojeff:

The advantage of the beoworld app (and to be honest the web site too) is the use of the @active forums" search which returns everything across all forums sorted by most recent and tagged by whether you've read them.

Works the way my mind does :)

And makes moderation irrelevant ;)

BeoNut since '75

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Aug 9 2016 3:14 PM

elephant:
(and to be honest the web site too) is the use of the @active forums" search which returns everything across all forums sorted by most recent and tagged by whether you've read them.

You're right. I've had "@ActiveTopics" bookmarked as my default BeoWorld page for ages! Very rarely do I miss a post.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Aug 9 2016 4:15 PM

beojeff:

Not about B&O or a B&O product -> not in the General forum section.
Relevant for use with B&O -> it can stay on Beoworld.
Hey, we even have discussions about cars and watches here! - Just not in the General forum section.

Lots of things are relevant for our use of- and experience with B&O and B&Os products; Furniture, carpets, curtains, cables, lights etc.. Some
relevant for sound, others for looks. Fine with me.
Beoworld members need to understand, that Beoworld is a B&O enthusiats forum and the general forum section should not be cluttered with
discussions about other brands products.

Martin

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Aug 9 2016 10:06 PM

Dillen:

beojeff:

Not about B&O or a B&O product -> not in the General forum section.
Relevant for use with B&O -> it can stay on Beoworld.
Hey, we even have discussions about cars and watches here! - Just not in the General forum section.

Lots of things are relevant for our use of- and experience with B&O and B&Os products; Furniture, carpets, curtains, cables, lights etc.. Some
relevant for sound, others for looks. Fine with me.
Beoworld members need to understand, that Beoworld is a B&O enthusiats forum and the general forum section should not be cluttered with
discussions about other brands products.

Martin

Martin,

You're taking this to quite an extreme rigidness. If someone is just talking about a watch with no relevance to B&O, then that certainly belongs in the Lifestyle section. However, when we are talking about the best way to take advantage of our B&O products, then that belongs in the General Forum. B&O no longer offers a blu-ray player but recommends the Oppo player, of which there is even a modified version for B&O. I don't see discussions of ways to get UHD content to our BeoVisions to be in any way "cluttering the forum."

Jeff

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Sal:

You're right. I've had "@ActiveTopics" bookmarked as my default BeoWorld page for ages! Very rarely do I miss a post.

+1

I see no real probleem here - you pick, what you want to read and skip, what you don't want.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Aug 9 2016 10:12 PM

elephant:
beojeff:

The advantage of the beoworld app (and to be honest the web site too) is the use of the @active forums" search which returns everything across all forums sorted by most recent and tagged by whether you've read them.

Works the way my mind does :)

And makes moderation irrelevant ;)

This is true if you want to see all posts. However, I typically just have time to check the few forums that are relevant to me. The point here is that certain threads are being removed from forums that could benefit from those threads.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:23 AM
beojeff:

The point here is that certain threads are being removed from forums that could benefit from those threads.

Yes, and the general point (B&O no longer makes the peripherals to enhance its speakers (and for some their B&O TVs)) does make the case for using the General (odds and ends) forum. Which we know Martin is against.

So does that we need new fora - dedicated "attaching non-B&O to beolabs & beovoxs" and another dedicated to "maximising a beovisions value by non-B&O attachments"

BeoNut since '75

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 6:10 AM

beojeff:

B&O no longer offers a blu-ray player ...

Jeff

So we should also discuss other brands record players, tapedecks, microphones and shavers in the General forum because B&O no longer produces any of them?

I found this post/discussion relevant for B&O owners, therefore I decided to let it stay on Beoworld.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS