Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Can we use any other "Screen "with our B&O system below

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Pete
Not Ranked
New Milton,Hampshire.
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Pete Posted: Sun, Aug 28 2016 9:04 PM

We have a Beo 50" Plasma Screen Type 8973.

Beo System 2 Type 9422.

Penta Lab Speakers ,4 Of Type 6632.

My question is we think our screens on its way out. Can I use say a LG screen with my B&O system??? Or choose any other screen as we would not be able to afford a B&O screen now. I t would be a shame to sell off our  B&O equipment as it is so good and the speakers take some wellie!!!!! and I do like my music Mega High.

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
You can get a Beosystem 4 which is essentially a B&O telly without the screen, then use any screen you wish with that.

I have a BeoRemoteOne controlling a Sony TV but it's not perfect as I have to press one of the MyButtons I've setup to put it in 'CONTROLS' mode first (as the BeoLink Gateway can only pickup LIGHT or CONTROL commands from a B&O remote, not commands intended directly for a B&O product).

Still, I've got used to pressing this button first and my setup is ordered like this...

BEOREMOTEONE ... IR EYE CONNECTED TO ESSENCE MKII ... BLGW ... ITACH IP-IR ... SONY TV

It means the one remote in my living room also then can be used to control the music through the essence.

From what I've read a better way may be to have a Lintronic box receiving B&O commands and sending them to your 3rd party screen though. Stick out tongue

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member

If the BeoSystem 2 is in the US, it won't work unless you are looking at your own PAL content that you brought with you.  

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS