Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Great article about album covers for you vinyl fans out there

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member
bidstonhall Posted: Fri, Sep 23 2016 5:35 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/sep/22/the-greatest-record-sleeves-as-chosen-by-the-designers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Certainly the album covers are an important part of what the artists intent/intended with their albums.

Being an 'album listener' I have always enjoyed that part too.

However, it seems that the video clips made for the music (mostly for the singles) have taken over.

This began already long ago and is what a lot of people focus on today.

Hopefully those musicians, who still offer their music as an album, will continue to include album art as part of the experience.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Gold Member
badgersurf replied on Fri, Sep 23 2016 10:50 AM

Still my favourite album cover!

Johnsonn
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Johnsonn replied on Thu, Oct 17 2019 11:40 AM

I see this trend too. The world is capturing an epidemic short video sequence.  It seems to me that this is a temporary phenomenon. I love vinyl myself and I like setting up turntable receivers like on this website. I taught my children to this. In my opinion, quite successfully. I would like to combine the edge of old-fashioned vinyl and modern audio solutions.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Oct 17 2019 12:19 PM
Good opportunity for me to share my experience with a label that I discovered recently, which provides affordable, incredibly well pressed vinyls, with original covers by famous photographers and that are affordable All the records are re-edition of old records and are usually including one or two bonus tracks.

Label is JazzImages, worth listening.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Beozip
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 368
Bronze Member

Here you can get a cheap CD Version ....

https://www.ebay.de/itm/273824607687

badgersurf:

Still my favourite album cover!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS